1.    #1  
    I just noticed that the overclocking patch is now available in preware. Does anyone know what speed it is?
    where are you seeing it in preware? I just looked and i dont see any overclocking patch listed
    it looks like the official webos 1.4 kernal from palm
    Didnt see any overclocking Kernal. It is not a patch its a kernal.
    I could be wrong?
    I see it that is just the stock 500MHz kernal that comes with the phone.
    It's a way to return to the stock Kernel, so sort of a backup for individuals who do not what a custom Kernel installed, and should have no effect if installed on a clean-stock pre.

From my impressions at least one Internals member has no intention allowing the overclock kernels into Preware/feeds, and I don't believe we'll see it in there for a while, I'm unsure why but I've felt quite a bit of hostility toward caj, though I'm sure there is a legitimate reason.

However they will be releasing a series of "optimized" custom kernels, but have yet to describe what individuals are likely to see from this kind of endeavor. I'm betting we have quite a few treats on the way.
    WHat is the best way to load up the 800MHZ patch?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ignote View Post
    WHat is the best way to load up the 800MHZ patch?
    Use ipk method. It's easier to install/uninstall.
    Check the link in caj2008's sig above ur post.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    What a false alarm,,,didnt you know that this is the proper way to reset to a kernel back to stock 500 MHz frequenxcy? WebOSInternals has been working on this for awhile.....
    Does this delete all the other patches..apps...text messages?...Or does it just overwrite the present kernel to the one prescribed on the description?...Because i used that user agent patch and it messed up engadget and Native help. I was hoping that using the WebOs 1.4.1 kernel in preware will help fix that issue. i just want to make sure it doesnt delete everything in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    It's a way to return to the stock Kernel, so sort of a backup for individuals who do not what a custom Kernel installed, and should have no effect if installed on a clean-stock pre.

From my impressions at least one Internals member has no intention allowing the overclock kernels into Preware/feeds, and I don't believe we'll see it in there for a while, I'm unsure why but I've felt quite a bit of hostility toward caj, though I'm sure there is a legitimate reason.

However they will be releasing a series of "optimized" custom kernels, but have yet to describe what individuals are likely to see from this kind of endeavor. I'm betting we have quite a few treats on the way.
    WebOS Internals has published a set of 7 or so principles that we believe must be met before adding a kernel to a Preware feed.

http://bit.ly/next-gen-kernels

There are 5 kernel developers (including Marco/unixPsyco and sbromwich) working on creating kernels which meet those criteria.

Once we have such kernels, I hope that caj2008 will be keen to apply his formal testing methodologies and herculian user support to these next generation kernels. Unfortunately I understand from his posts that he is intending to leave PreCentral soon ...

The Palm Kernel is the first of these - it is a recovery kernel to simply put the kernel (and nothing else) back to a factory kernel state.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/18/2010 at 10:19 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Does this delete all the other patches..apps...text messages?...Or does it just overwrite the present kernel to the one prescribed on the description?...Because i used that user agent patch and it messed up engadget and Native help. I was hoping that using the WebOs 1.4.1 kernel in preware will help fix that issue. i just want to make sure it doesnt delete everything in there.
    As stated in the package description, it restores kernel files only and does not touch any other files.

If you have installed any patch or other overclocking package, you should use the uninstall instructions from the maintainer of that item in the first instance.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals