1.    #1  
    Why can't Palm simply put updates on their website? If Verizon wants to screw around and drag their feet, let us hook up our Pre's to our computers and download the updates directly from Palm. Why not???
    My money is on palm being the problem until we see another cell carrier in the world with a Pre Plus running something newer than 1.4. Maybe it's taking so long they'll wait to update us with 1.4.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Why can't Palm simply put updates on their website? If Verizon wants to screw around and drag their feet, let us hook up our Pre's to our computers and download the updates directly from Palm. Why not???
    Because the phone runs on VZWs network, not Palm's network, of cell sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Verizon has a strict testing policy when it comes to mobile phone updates. Verizon releases updates days to months after the same phone on a different carrier receives a software update.
    Droid owners were able to download directly from Google a couple weeks ago.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    warning, thread jack!

****! I love your green guy avatar! I have a shirt I've had since high school that has him on it! It's the most comfortable shirt I've ever owned and my fiance hates it lol.

Anyway, I know Verizon is weird with their updates. I've had verizon for almost 6 years and their network is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    Droid owners were able to download directly from Google a couple weeks ago.
    and?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    and?
    and..... As a result it obvioudly didn't go through verizon and rheir stringent reviews of updates?
    I am actually satisfied with the current version. If they can make the battery life a little better and fix the gps then bring on 1.4.1