1.    #1  
    Is there any way to change the time/date display at the top of the screen. Mine always has the time showing, but I took it out of my desk drawer earlier today and the date was showing. I thought I was seeing things b/c the date has never shown, but it was there for a few seconds. Are there preferences you can change to show the time AND date?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Is there any way to change the time/date display at the top of the screen. Mine always has the time showing, but I took it out of my desk drawer earlier today and the date was showing. I thought I was seeing things b/c the date has never shown, but it was there for a few seconds. Are there preferences you can change to show the time AND date?
    There are patches you can install to control the display of the time/date and other items in the top bar.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    There are patches you can install to control the display of the time/date and other items in the top bar.
    Are patches from Palm? I don't wanna gunk my phone up with all kinds of other stuff.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Are patches from Palm? I don't wanna gunk my phone up with all kinds of other stuff.
    No, they're not from Palm. They're coded by the developers which put together the patches, homebrews, etc. you can find throughout these forums. The patches are generally safe, and you can always WebOS Doctor or use the Repair Utility if something goes wrong, and they certainly add A LOT to your phone, but if you don't want to get involved in patching (it's really fairly straight-forward and well documented by now - I've been doing it since the beginning of the summer), you're not going to be able to achieve what you're looking for. I hope you consider it, and there's an entire community here to help if choose to!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    No, they're not from Palm. They're coded by the developers which put together the patches, homebrews, etc. you can find throughout these forums. The patches are generally safe, and you can always WebOS Doctor or use the Repair Utility if something goes wrong, and they certainly add A LOT to your phone, but if you don't want to get involved in patching (it's really fairly straight-forward and well documented by now - I've been doing it since the beginning of the summer), you're not going to be able to achieve what you're looking for. I hope you consider it, and there's an entire community here to help if choose to!
    Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely consider that if I decide to keep my Pre Plus.