1.    #1  
    If anyone remembers before the ipad actually launched, news channels like CNN talked about it giving a great deal of coverage and advertisement that probably didn't even cost apple anything...does anyone remember palm getting that type of coverage before launch.
    There wasn't a whole lot of hype about the Pre before launch, at least as far as I can remember. The unveiling of the Pre was cool, but for me it was mostly word of mouth before I bought it.

Most people yawned, considering the Pre just another "iPhone Killer" that would suck (a la the Samsung Instinct).

I think all this "Palm is for sale" business is actually bringing good attention to the Pre. The general consensus is that the Pre is a great phone, but it was just marketed and launched poorly. People see this, and if Palm and webOS stay around, they may give them a shot, providing more stability in Palm's future. At least I can hope.
  3.    #3  
    i guess that is one positive to all this palm for sale talk...
  4.    #4  
    i don't remember any news station talking bought a palm release...
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    i don't remember any news station talking bought a palm release...
    Here's an article around the time the Pre was announced:

Palm pre unveiled at CES, kills iPhone | Electricpig

But yea, it was pretty much wholly ignored by news organizations, as far as I can remember. Palm could really use that sort of free advertising, considering their low cash state they are in / have been in recently.
    Does anyone notice what website is displayed on the iPad at Apple's site?

Apple is in bed with the media...especially the liberal media outlets...
  7.    #7  
    definitely close ties with media
  8.    #8  
    anyone feel the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by vortmax View Post
    Does anyone notice what website is displayed on the iPad at Apple's site?

Apple is in bed with the media...especially the liberal media outlets...
    I totally agree, but it might not be all Apple's fault. Big name media companies are all about Apple because they're so popular. They feel like releasing these Apple apps are the only way they can stay afloat in this world of instant and free news.

Palm is just too small for anyone to care about. Can't really blame Apple or media companies for that.
    guys, it's the same reason american idol gets news coverage and this old house doesn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by vortmax View Post
    ... Apple is in bed with the media... especially the liberal media outlets. ...
    Oh puh-LEEE-uzz... Leave that bullsh.. nonsense at the door where you came in.

Apple is in bed with whom so ever will accept their advertising dollar, which is pretty much anyone who has advertising space for rent. It has nothing to do with supposed or perceived political affiliations. I see plenty of repectable conservatives using the iPhones. Perhaps they're closet liberals at heart?

Get over it.
    democrat = i phone... apple is over the top liberal, so of course the liberal media loves them... no self respecting conservative would own an i phoney
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    coverage and advertisement that probably didn't even cost apple anything...
    Well, you're mistaken there: Apple has an incredibly effective public relations capability, and I'm sure it costs them millions. They don't get the kind of coverage they get merely because they're so special...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I guess Palm will get some coverage. Shares headed for a below 5$ value...
  15.    #15  
    i dont think thats good news
    I saw a ton of coverage of the Palm Pre in the months before it launched on FOX Business Network (FOXBusiness.com) Seemed just about every other day they were discussing the device, the company, Elevation Partners, etc.
    I remember some buzz after the Pre debuted at CES 2009...everyone was gaga over the card system and multitasking capabilities, which the iPhone STILL can't touch...that's why the Pre is still a critical darling that experts still agree is superior in terms of use. I think Palm shot itself in the foot, though, by waiting so d*mn long to launch the Pre...it let all that hype die off and by the time the Pre came out, no one really cared except the Palm loyalists and techies that remembered the initial reveal. I remember one article about the Pre on launch day being on ABCNews Technology, but that's about it in terms of mainstream coverage. Let's not forget how badly Sprint bungled the Pre's launch, hardware defects and Palm's horrible, horrible marketing campaign. It was like the perfect storm.
  18.    #18  
    im not sure if i remember media marketing like the ipad