1.    #1  
    I want to know how you guys are getting your replacement Pre's. I have a stuck power button, was referred to Sprint Service Center, guy took a pair of pliers to my beloved Pre, handed it back and said "is that better?" at which point the button fell off in my hand!! Now they are saying it's an insurance claim to get it fixed - I've called Sprint ant complained, and the best solution thry will offer is a refund of half the insurance deductible!

So how are you guys getting (in some cases MANY) replacements without all the hassle?
    Did the button actually break? if not it pill pop back in. The button hard to push is one of many issues with the phone. Mine was hard to push to and the way I fixed it was placing a thin sliver of pencil eraser in the hole, then put the button back in. Other people have used a small piece of paper. The button will pop will pop out quite easily using a pointed object. What happens is the small knob on the bottom of the button gets squashed so it doesn't reach the contact properly anymore.
    YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!!

Palm Pre
    Bell Mobility

Patches: 4x4Iconsv1, Add Date MM/DD,Default to Month View, Device Warning Temperatures, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Glass Effect, More Reminder Times, SMS to Two Seconds, Unhide Dev Mode, Unthrottle Download Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by swtmelrose View Post
    I want to know how you guys are getting your replacement Pre's. I have a stuck power button, was referred to Sprint Service Center, guy took a pair of pliers to my beloved Pre, handed it back and said "is that better?" at which point the button fell off in my hand!! Now they are saying it's an insurance claim to get it fixed - I've called Sprint ant complained, and the best solution thry will offer is a refund of half the insurance deductible!

So how are you guys getting (in some cases MANY) replacements without all the hassle?
    I had no problem getting a refurb Pre for free when I went to Sprint with a bad power button. You're in a tough spot though because they broke your's. You might just want to take the 50% off insurance and go with that.

Also, my new Pre developed the same power button issue. I've just learned to live with it. One of the only drawbacks to owning the best smartphone on the market.