Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I searched through the threads for a while but was unable to find an option to turn the screen off while the Pre is on the Touchstone.

I've found many options to keep the screen on for people using it at work and such, but nothing to turn it off.

I'd like to have the screen to have the option (via the power button) to be turned fully off, right now the power button will just lock the phone to the clock/locked screen. It would be the same function as plugging in the standard power cable, when i plug in the cable i hit the power button and the screen turns completely off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a Palm Pre Plus btw.

Thanks
    Try the homebrew app Brightness Unlinked. It turns the screen off on the touchstone.
    there is an app called quick system task that will let you turn off the screen while on the touchstone
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Where can I find Quick System Tasks?
    go to preware and then just type in quick system task.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    This is perfect--I just got my AT&T Pre+ on Sunday and was looking for something to be able to turn off the screen while it's charging overnight on the touchstone. Extra light really wasn't bothering me, but was irritating my wife Man I love the homebrew/preware community, such great apps, patches, etc.
    Am I missing something? I just press the power button once. Locks the screen until I pick it up again.
    ditto
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Well I'm newer to owning my Pre+; however, no matter what I was trying--power button, etc.--my Pre+ would continue lighting up at different times--receiving new text, email, etc. In addition, it appeared to light up even if no activity was occurring.

Like I indicated earlier, I just got mine on Sunday, so I still am working through learning all there is to learn, but having the ability to completely shut the screen off at night will prove beneficial.
    get QST... It's a must have.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Am I missing something? I just press the power button once. Locks the screen until I pick it up again.
    The screen is locked but stays on the clock as long as it's sitting on the touchstone. If you're sensitive to light, it can keep you up at night.

+1 for Quick System Tasks.
    I use BrightnessUnlinked. I'm going to give QST a try today though...
    Thanks. Mine is in my car and I guess I haven't noticed this behavior. I put my phone in "Airplane" mode if I don't want to be disturbed, but then I can't receive calls.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Brightness unlinked can run in the background and at startup. Can QST?
    Quote Originally Posted by psyctto View Post
    I searched through the threads for a while but was unable to find an option to turn the screen off while the Pre is on the Touchstone.

I've found many options to keep the screen on for people using it at work and such, but nothing to turn it off.
    Sorry but this is a bit off topic. I have been searching without success for posts about keeping screen on while on touchstone. Can you point me to the threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Thanks. Mine is in my car and I guess I haven't noticed this behavior. I put my phone in "Airplane" mode if I don't want to be disturbed, but then I can't receive calls.
    It has as nothing to do with receiving calls. When on the touchstone, a stock Pre will go into nightlight mode, wherein it will display the time. Even though the desktop is black except for the afore mentioned clock, it still throughs out a fairly large amount of light, which can be annoying if you happen to be sensitive to that sort of thing. I personally throw a bandanna over the phone at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Brightness unlinked can run in the background and at startup. Can QST?
    not on startup, but it can be kept in the tray....it does sooo much more than BU...like multiple toggles, custom app quick launch. BU is great, but you might as well get quick access to even more. IMHO
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    Sorry but this is a bit off topic. I have been searching without success for posts about keeping screen on while on touchstone. Can you point me to the threads?
    in QST you can toggle the screen sleep (great for using gps on the road) and touchstone screen on/off...i haven't tried to keep the phone awake on touchstone (it can get pretty hot on TS). it'll stay awake while you use it on TS...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Anyone having problems installing QST via Preware1.0? I've tried several times and it always hangs up.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    You can try "no auto-off while charging" patch.
    It will keep the screen on while the phone is charging (via touchstone or USB)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast