Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE: We need more Pre users! Where are you! (Sprint Pre users are welcome to join in the fight too!)

Whoever wants to be heard, just go here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Palm-De...ue/td-p/166299

and post your desire for Verizon to release 1.4.1 with the GPS fixed. They say strength in numbers. I think if enough people post, this topic will float on their boards and show attention.

It's how GPS got fixed in blackberries too. If enough people complain....
    Last edited by blueray; 04/16/2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post

Palm Pre Plus GPS issue - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

and post your desire for Verizon to release 1.4.1 with the GPS fixed. They say strength in numbers. I think if enough people post, this topic will float on their boards and show attention.

Is this a Palm issue, or a Verizon issue? It's really, really sad that neither Palm nor Verizon will give their own customers any information about about a GPS fix. Talk about poor customer service! I love my Pre Plus, but I'll either be forced to return it and go with another device (thus Palm loses a much-needed customer) or I'll be forced to return it and wait until it's released on AT&T or a newer WebOS device is released. It's just aggravating to read all these comments from John Rubenstein about all the things Palm needs to do to turn the company around. Hey, John, how about listen to the customers for once! GPS on the Pre Plus doesn't work! Fix it!
  4.    #4  
    it's definitely Verizon - many threads in the forums... thanks to those who already posted. For those still doing so, please remember to note it here....

Thanks!
    It's sad that both Verizon and Palm are willing to lose customers instead of just giving us a little information on the problem.
  6.    #6  
    come on Precentral! We need more people to comment on Verizon's forum! We got over 10k for the March Madness, let's get Verizon's forums good!!!
    just added my comment.... thanks for starting this. I'm getting tired of waiting for Verizon to release this update. They're way behind.
    I posted too. I put a little juice on it hoping it will get them thinking..
    In addition, you should certainly call VZ support. That's really the way to get this noticed. If enough people call in and say "[Location-based application XXX] doesn't seem to work unless I start VZ Navigator first" then this WILL end up on someone's desk with an implied priority of "Fix Yesterday."

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    come on Precentral! We need more people to comment on Verizon's forum! We got over 10k for the March Madness, let's get Verizon's forums good!!!
    But is there anything in the 1.4.1 update that affects GPS? Not from anything I have seen.
    UPDATE: We need more Pre users! Where are you! (Sprint Pre users are welcome to join in the fight too!)

Palm Pre Plus GPS issue - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

this is telling me that my wireless user name is no good -- it shows up in the residential section instead of the wireless for some reason ????
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Done.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    But is there anything in the 1.4.1 update that affects GPS? Not from anything I have seen.
    Verizon hasn't released the 1.4.1 update yet. We would be propositioning that they fix it before they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    this is telling me that my wireless user name is no good -- it shows up in the residential section instead of the wireless for some reason ????
    I actually had to create a new account for the forums as my other account didn't work on the forum site.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    I actually had to create a new account for the forums as my other account didn't work on the forum site.

Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    Same thing happened to me.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I added my complaint to the list.
  18.    #18  
    a big thanks to all who have gone to the Verizon forums to add their voice for fixing GPS.

Please, let's keep the numbers coming guys and gals... we still need a lot more!
    no offense to everyone here, but at this point in time, judging from the palm fire sale over at VZW - I doubt they really care about the pre/pixi at all. And palm certainly has bigger fish to fry.

Perhaps you'd be better off working with the homebrew community to get a patch released?

We've established on many occasions that we can move faster here than palm/sprint ever could. I don't see how VZW would be any different, esp. with a phone they seem to want to dump.
    oooohhhh guys thats sucks that you still ain't got 1.4.1, well let me tell you as a sprint pre..... you ain't missing much. I'm on 1.4.1.1 and seams to broke more stuff then what it was intended to fix. for example i no longer have universal search, yeah thats right imagine life with the pre with out it i punch in a name that is in my contacts and guess what, nothing happens, hey go figure. I'm refusing to doctor my phone just due to i don't want to deal with the slight risk of losing all of my gaming high scores, even with great development like preare alpha and save and restore to back them things up, along with Jason's repair utility which was not able to fix my problem but did fix a lot of others that i was not aware of lol, and i must say since that since repair utility, my pre does go a lot faster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast