Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    So my pre is on crack. Not sure what's wrong with it. Been like this for a while:

    It will turn off about 20 times a day - and I have to press the power button on the side (hold it) then it turns back on (and has to boot up)

    The worst part? when it resets, it ALWAYS reverts to 2009 July (20th to 29th) and the time is off by HOURS.

    HOW THE HECK CAN THIS HAPPEN?

    Today I was 2 hours late for work because a) my alarm didn't work (despite being set) and b) it must have reset and changed the time.

    This has been happening alot lately -- I need to get this resolved because I'm looking like an ***** at work.

    Can anyone help ? please ?

    I have patches installed, and the 800hz patch thingy.
  2. samid's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #2  
    start by doctoring and def remove the 800 patch.
  3.    #3  
    but it worked like this for a long time BEFORE the 800 patch, thus the 800 patch has nothing to do with it, and since the 800 patch makes it fly like an iphone, I most likely won't be removing it.

    anyone else ?
  4.    #4  
    I would seriously donate 5$ to anyone who can explain why it always reverts to July 2009 and the time is always changed, WHY it resets randomly 10-20 times a day, and HOW I can fix it without doctoring.
  5. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #5  
    Start by removing "all" patches. You have to troubleshoot a bit.
  6. fizymike's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    I have patches installed, and the 800hz patch thingy.
    it could be anything... what did you RIGHT before it started doing this?

    BTW the Iphone is only faster b/c it doesnt multitask... overclocking your phone may void your warranty AND burn up your phone...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    start by doctoring and def remove the 800 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizymike View Post
    it could be anything... what did you RIGHT before it started doing this?

    BTW the Iphone is only faster b/c it doesnt multitask... overclocking your phone may void your warranty AND burn up your phone...
    No biggy, im with Bell in Canada. I pay $5 extra a month on my plan and I can get a replacement .. like if i drop it in water or if i step on it and it breaks, then all I have to do is pay like $80 for a brand new pre.

    overclocking the pre makes it run incredibly fast -- like i used to HATE the phone, browsing the net was a pain... now it's amazing
  8. laze's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #8  
    Are you sure it isn't a loose battery?
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Are you sure it isn't a loose battery?
    I'd suggest this as well, but if you say that it restarts and makes you late I'd assume it restarts sitting alone at night.

    Defiantly do a removal and Dr. it's the best way to clean everything up and create a state which should act correctly, if it does not you can assume a defective Pre. After a couple days if its fixed go ahead and add whichever patches you wanted back, just give it a while to determine if it was indeed some messed up file or configuration or if it is your hardware.
  10. #10  
    Ok....he has patches installed, included one that upclocks the processor and people are asking if its the BATTERY!....

    Come on people....anytime you have a freaky issue with a computer device, you need to troubleshoot and REMOVE all the crap you 'tweaked' it with. This is a no brainer.

    Doctor the phone to stock and live without TWEAKS for a few days. SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP. If you do not have any reboots/resets or the resets are much fewer (i.e. and dont result in a time reset), then its ALL ABOUT YOUR TWEAKS. (I say fewer resets because v1.4+ seems to have a few bugs that cause the phone to reboot.)

    For the record, its likely your cpu tweaking. Just because it ran 'good' for a while means diddly. This is just like 'tweaking' a cpu on a computer. Just because its 'ok' for a while doesn't mean it will stay that way. And if you can't live without the increased speed, then buy a different phone.

    Yah..might be a little harsh but no one seems to be able to tell the poor guy like it is....after all its GOTTA be something ELSE....right???? ...lol
    Last edited by CanadianPre; 04/16/2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: notation on patch 1.4+
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    No biggy, im with Bell in Canada. I pay $5 extra a month on my plan and I can get a replacement .. like if i drop it in water or if i step on it and it breaks, then all I have to do is pay like $80 for a brand new pre.

    overclocking the pre makes it run incredibly fast -- like i used to HATE the phone, browsing the net was a pain... now it's amazing
    Funkadelick...
    I'm curious about exactly what info they told you about the coverage. Did you inquire about it in detail like I did, or was it just a quick upsell on their part?
    I'm on Bell and it costs me $7/month for the full coverage.
    I was also told that during the first year there is some 'issues' in handling it as the manufacturer's coverage is still in place. i.e. maybe I pay deductable to get a new phone then get reimbursed if its found to be a defect.

    On top of that, the replacement cost was more like $150 deductible if I kill the phone AND it can only happen twice after that the coverage is null and void.

Posting Permissions