Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So looking around on the forums I ran into this little gem that you may or may not know about. It's a patch to make the animated card open faster. I mention it here because I don't remember seeing it and I am on here daily.

h t t p : / / forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/241665-patch-faster-card-animations . html

SO with the 800 MHz patch, the CPU upscaler app, and this fast card patch my Pre now is faster than I thought was possible.

Bravo to the Homebrew crew for this collection of mods to make my Pre superfast. I love where the pre is headed and cannot wait to see what Palm has up it's sleeve in the coming months in regards to hardware. In the mean time, get these 3 mods on your phone for superfast speeds.
    running 2 out of 3... (oc, and animatiob)
    yea these animation changes make a major difference to the overall snappiness of the UI. I also recommend the launcher patch "wrap pages", it removes the page transition animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by zumstin View Post

SO with the 800 MHz patch, the CPU upscaler app, and this fast card patch my Pre now is faster than I thought was possible.
    What does the CPU upscaler + 800Mhz patch offer that the 800Mhz patch does not alone do? Faster twitching between speeds on CPU demand?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    After the 800 MHz patch I thought," this thing sped up, but not as fast as everyone was saying." Then I found the Upscaler and thought, "Ok getting better." Today I found the fast card animation and now I'm thinking, "HOLY CR@P! This thing FLIES now."

I understand some people don't want to mod their phone, but I find that as one of the strengths of WebOs. You can now make the phone customized to you. I just wish there were a way to get Preware on your phone through the official catalog or something so that the "not so inclined" could discover what the rest of us know. Might bring more satisfaction to the Palm brand. I for one am very happy
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    What does the CPU upscaler + 800Mhz patch offer that the 800Mhz patch does not alone do?

I think the scaler helps more with battery life than anything else. The scaler lets you determine how fast your Pre runs. It "scales" the processor on what you are doing. When my Pre is in my pocket, it scales down to 250, when I use it it scales up to 800.
    where can i find the cpu upscaler?? tried preware but couldnt see it...unless i missed it somewhere, and did a search here and it only brought up this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    where can i find the cpu upscaler?? tried preware but couldnt see it...unless i missed it somewhere, and did a search here and it only brought up this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...cpu-speed.html
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 04/16/2010 at 12:26 PM.
    edit. found the answer