Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    over the past couple weeks I have noticed I have been missing keystrokes while typing. I passed it off that I was probably just typing too fast. But then upon further investigation I noticed that when I type either cv cf or cx really quickly it does not pick up the second letter. I think the same problem is why I am experiencing my general keystroke problem. Has this happened to anyone else? Very strange!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    this is also happening with gh, gf and gv ....
    If you use the Pre open in the rain, then water could've gotten in there and corroded the circuitboard under the keyboard.
    It's a possibility, I don't know if you do that though.
    @csal80: I can reproduce your problem on my handset - I've never really noticed it before, but you're right. Rapidly typing 'zx' causes the 'x' to fail - same with gh, gf and gv.

Strange huh It would be worth contacting Palm's feedback team and reporting this issue.
    I've noticed something similar. I noticed that sometimes when I type something really fast, my C key doesn't normally pick up, as well as a double L. I noticed it after the patch on 1.4 (1.4.1.1 I believe)

I wonder if it's a hardware issue that would constitue getting a replacement Pre because I scratched mine a lot and chipped off a huge corner
    yeah my double letters have started to decrease... but my "missed" keystrokes has def gone up
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Actually, I have just narrowed this down. Whenever you hit any two letters that are side by side, this will happen. Try and it and you will see. If you hit a and l together it doesn't happen, but if you hit a and s together it does!!