1.    #1  
    Newbie here.

I am looking to be able to save files from email attachments and someone was kind enough to point me in the direction of a homebrew app call internalz (I still cannot believe this is not a native function on a SMARTphone).

Anyway, when looking at the application it said that it doesn't need to be rooted, but I need another application "File Manager" that does.

Can someone please tell me what "rooting" my phone means? And in general how do I put a homebrew application on my phone.

Thank you.
    Rooting is a broad term meaning access to @root in the terminal. You do need to download WebOS Quick Install and you can install homebrew applications through that.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Mikevender.

Can I download the quick install from my phone applications?
    Start here http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-02-a.html

but are you trying to save a email attactment? If so you can save it and look at it in the usb folder
  5.    #5  
    Where this all started was I had some .mp3 ringtone files emailed to me. I am trying to save them so that I can use them as ringtones on the Pre.

That started the initial question on saving attachments and was basically told it is not a native function on the Pre, and here we are.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.