Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    yes, i listen to streaming services such as Pandora much more than before. I've also started listening to local FM and AM radio stations more as many of them have feeds I access through apps such as Net2streams.

In a way, my Pre has become the new version of the Walkman/Discman that Sony made like 20 years ago.
    no infact it annoys me because I listen to and create electronica mixes and when it pauses everything to move to the next track it's annoying. I try to listen to net2stream but it buffers alot too
    I have learned to use Slacker radio, I much prefer it over pandora.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I am a part time Club DJ on the weekends (just for fun), so I used to just randomize my music library while working.

Since I downloaded Slacker, it all changed. I let it run while working. I get to hear the songs I play and keep them fresh, as well as introduces me to new stuff in the same genres (and remixes of others). My library is growing because of it... need a bigger external drive now.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    I absolutely use my Pre every day to and from work, as well as in the gym. The only problem I'm starting to have is the connection of the headphone jack is getting unreliable. I don't know if it's dirty or what, but moving around the headphones sometimes cuts out the music or cuts out part of it (such as the voice track). I've tried cleaning out the jack, but it didn't help. I've also tried different sets of headphones. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do about it?
    Add me to the list of Pandor / DrPodder users. I haven't tried Slacker because, well, I've been pretty happy with Pandora. The 'random' music really could be improved with a larger in-channel selection, but I do tend to enjoy the artists that are rotated in a particular grouping, so it's not a huge deal.

I use Pandora on the Pre, as well as with my laptop. The laptop is used for overnight listening, since I travel every week. The Pre version is used nearly always in the car. I absolutely love the combo of Nav and Pandora for long drives and I've built up quite a collection of channels to ensure that my wife and daughter nod off during the late night trips.

If I'm offline, then Music Player Remix and DrPodder are great! I love to listen to old time radio shows and DrPodder is wonderful for building my library without the bother of having huge piles of CDs.

When my sub to Pandora ends in August/September, maybe I'll branch out.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by byrdley20 View Post
    I absolutely use my Pre every day to and from work, as well as in the gym. The only problem I'm starting to have is the connection of the headphone jack is getting unreliable. I don't know if it's dirty or what, but moving around the headphones sometimes cuts out the music or cuts out part of it (such as the voice track). I've tried cleaning out the jack, but it didn't help. I've also tried different sets of headphones. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do about it?
    I've had this exact issue, ended up getting the Pre replaced under warranty.

For me it cut out the left ear whenever I closed the slider, had to wiggle the jack to get audio back to normal.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    yes, i listen to streaming services such as Pandora much more than before. I've also started listening to local FM and AM radio stations more as many of them have feeds I access through apps such as Net2streams.

In a way, my Pre has become the new version of the Walkman/Discman that Sony made like 20 years ago.
    You should check out our app, RadioTime if you're interested in your local AM/FM channels. We sort out your local AM/FM channels via GPS so every stations that's available in your area is listed. We're also a free app.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Yeah it's changed my listening methods a lot. I stream Howard Stern and Sprint Radio more now then I did with my other phones. Plus I use the 3.5MM/RCA
    cable adapter, to stream the radio through my surround sound system.

So my Palm Pre and Sprint have changed the way I listen to the radio.
    What are you using to stream Howard? I used to use Stern archives but that has not been updated for a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    I've had this exact issue, ended up getting the Pre replaced under warranty.

For me it cut out the left ear whenever I closed the slider, had to wiggle the jack to get audio back to normal.
    Yeah, I kind of figured I'd have to get it replaced. I just didn't want to have to get my phone all set up again. But it's probably worth it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I've had a few recent 'breakthroughs' using Ampace Mobile to stream my entire (large) music collection. First, recent application updates have improved streaming reliability. I used to encounter frequent streaming stalls, but those situations have improved quite a bit.

Secondly, I finally got around to configuring port forwarding, dynamic IP, opening ports in my firewall(s), so I can access my amapche web server via EVDO / (public IPs). Now I no longer have to load music onto my Pre in order to listen to my music.

Oh, and I occasionally use Dr Podder for podcasts and RadioTime for Sports Radio too.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123