Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    ouch i use that on a light day..and sucks that Canadians don't have access to Pandora
    If you used that on a light day, you would be using over 15gb a month and not 7gb. ;-)
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Living in a rural area streaming while mobile is not a reliable option. I put some music on the Pre but the
    ZuneHD remains my main music player.

Now where the change has come has been with podcasts. Not having broadband available at home, I can use DrPodder over 3G to download shows as opposed to waiting to get to work and doing it.
    Syncing mp3s with MediaMonkey to my Pre has replaced my Zune. I use pandora if I get bored of my mp3 selection (happens never).

-Bowen
    What do you mean by "if Palm makes it"? If Palm gets bought would instantly drop your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Before the Pre (HTC Mogul) I would compile tons of mp3 cds, now I listen to 90% of my music through Pandora and Datpiff and about 10% through Music Player Remix at the office and in the car. I use close to 7GB of data a month.

More power to the cloud, I simply don't have the time anymore to sync music and keep track of it except for those tracks that i just have to have.
    Yeah it's changed my listening methods a lot. I stream Howard Stern and Sprint Radio more now then I did with my other phones. Plus I use the 3.5MM/RCA cable adapter, to stream the radio through my surround sound system.

So my Palm Pre and Sprint have changed the way I listen to the radio.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Thanks to the 3.5 jack as opposed to the 2.5 on my Nokia, now I can actually use the AUX jack in my car without fiddling with a whole whack of cables.

I'm still listening to the same stuff though, migrated from my N810.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I use my Zune probably about 80% less than I did before my Pre. I don't use it for podcasts at all any longer (thanks to DrPodder) and I listen to local radio on my (very short) compute via RadioTime (local radio is terrible in LA because of the terrain). Other than that, it's Pandora, Grooveshark, etc.

I purposefully put off my Zune HD 64 purchase, which I'd been planning for awhile, and even have some thought about cancelling my Zune Pass subscription. And if Palm makes it and I don't end up going with a Windows Phone 7 device, I might just do that.
    I live in Florida and like to stream Jazz radios from Seattle to Paris France. I've tried a few streaming apps, but I've just rediscovered RadioTime. This great little app is so good that I use it on my desktop also.

-It syncs my preset stations automatically between desktop and the Pre.
    -It also keeps track of my favorite NPR podcast programs.
    -It tells me what show is on a station before I connect to it.
    -It indicates the number of new podcast programs available.
    -It displays the percent reliability for each station
    -Once connected, it displays a graphic of the current show, DJ, or album.
    -So far, it seems to play all radio formats.

To think that I had this little app in my Pre for months before I realized what it was all about. Any one who is into live streaming or/and podcast should take a close look at RadioTime on both the desktop and Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Thanks to the 3.5 jack as opposed to the 2.5 on my Nokia, now I can actually use the AUX jack in my car without fiddling with a whole whack of cables.

I'm still listening to the same stuff though, migrated from my N810.
    Same here. I can hook my Pre to the Sirius radio 3.5MM jack in my truck. No more annoying, static-filled 2.5MM adapters, or FM Transmitters.

I think from now on 2 things that should be standard with every phone.

1. 3.5MM Headset Jack.
    2. Mini-USB Cable For Data & Charging.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I actually still use my video iPod to listen to music in my car or at home...though I bust out Pandora on my Pre from time to time.
    cant say that i knew what a podcast was before my pre. now i cant get enough of podcasts from dr podder. when there is really nothing good, i go between slacker and pandora and other apps occasionally. i might be interested in picking up an audible subscription if the app was available on webos
    palm pre plus is hands down the best phone ATM.
    hope palm overcomes all these financial difficulties and continues on releasing amazing phones and OSs like pre plus and web os.

love palm pre plus sooooooooooooooooooo much
    By itself, the pre didn't make much difference.

As soon as I got a BT enabled stereo for my car to pair it with, it changed my habits a lot.

I almost never listen to FM radio anymore, and only listen to AM for shows that don't podcast on stitcher or stream in a format the Pre can play. I listen to one of the dozens of albums on my pre, or I listen to pandora, and the other thing it has changed in terms of music, is that I buy more music.

Pandora is good for finding new stuff, and I gave up the whole illegal download thing a while ago. Having new and different music streamed to me in a way that I can quickly and easily get the artist and album, means I buy more music. When you hear a new song on the radio, they only tell you who it is about 1/4 of the time.
    For me, I've been enjoying the killer combination for my car and commute. I just purchased the iSimple which allows me to hook up my Ipod to my Nav system (shows me the Metadata on the Nav, artist, albulm, etc.)

The biggest kicker is that it also provides a 3.5 input for the Pre so any music streaming app (Favs are Pandora, Slacker) now also available through my car as well. My commute is now tolerable.

As far as Grooveshark, I was under the impression that you had to pay to stream if used on your mobile. Is that still correct?

Did I mention that I love my Pre.
    [QUOTE=nimer55;2385782]I'm in canada, so no pandora for me, and I'm on a 512mb data plan, so no7gb..
    Im in canada i use both, i have an unlimited data plan.. works well.. i have several boxes of cds in the basement.. all covered in dust.. i even pipe my music over my home system.. works well and i can change songs from anywhere in the house.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    By itself, the pre didn't make much difference.

As soon as I got a BT enabled stereo for my car to pair it with, it changed my habits a lot.
    oh yeah, true that. those are motorockr bluetooth headphones in my picture, and i use them all the time. biking (my commute), working, and around the house. i wouldnt be listening to my pre so much if i had to have a cord.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    My almost-launchday Pre on Sprint changed my music habits pretty much from day 1. You see I bought my Pre while on a road trip two days prior to returning home. On the return drive I streamed Pandora all the way from Austin, TX to Tampa, FL, using the Sprint car charger and a cassette adapter to pipe the sound through the minivan's head unit.

Once I got home I grabbed an iPhone integration kit for my car, a Sprint/Anycom FIPO bluetooth gateway, a Palm Touchstone and a Palm car adapter and made a "for real" installation in the car (see here).

drPodder is my workout companion along with fitTrack to listen to podcasts. OTA updates while charging overnight on the touchstone means that I've always have the latest episodes ready to go. Oh yeah three touchstones, home/car/office.

Now that RadioTime has come out I don't much listen to Pandora anymore. For times when conenctivity is not around I playback several-hour-long tracks ripped from favorite radio broadcasts that I sync-up to the Pre from my home computer usually via USB.

I am a little bummed that since webOS v1.4 I have not been able to stream over bluetooth on WiFi (I have a Blackberry Stereo Music Gateway plugged to the house stereo/Hi-Fi) so I've resorted to disabling the WiFi even while at home, or using my home computer to stream. (see here)

In short, has the Pre changed my music habits, no not really. But it has made it *SIGNIFICANTLY* more convenient and therefore is my *PRIMARY* music/audio consumption method, bar none!
    Last edited by mauro1; 04/18/2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: crosslinked to previous relevant posts
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    We don't have pandora in Canada, but we do have access to Slacker and Grooveshark, so it's not like we are completely left in the dark.

I still listen to my entire 4000+ song library whenever I can, but when I just want to take one device with me, my Pre does the job well enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Same here. I can hook my Pre to the Sirius radio 3.5MM jack in my truck. No more annoying, static-filled 2.5MM adapters, or FM Transmitters.

I think from now on 2 things that should be standard with every phone.

1. 3.5MM Headset Jack.
    2. Mini-USB Cable For Data & Charging.
    Actually it's Micro USB now, that's what the Pre uses.

Mini USB is Razr and older BlackBerries.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    i use pandora when i want to mess with what does and doesn't remain on a station, slacker when i want to discover new music, and lostfm - http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...70-lostfm.html - when i want to scrobble to last.fm and just set up a station that i can be pretty confident about just leaving on auto-pilot for a while.

oh and don't forget podcasts through drpodder.

i haven't put music files on my pre in like 4 months and i've never missed them. i used to have gigs and gigs and gigs of music on my computer, and i think i still have it somewhere on a backup drive, but i'm with everyone else who is just bored of the hassle.

the cloud abides.
    ---
    ---

launch-day pre: the original gangsta.

twitter / posterous
    Slacker is my main choice for the car, plus Radio Time for sports talk stations, then the MLB Mobile Premium with Gameday Audio so I can listen to EVERY MLB game.
    I can hook it up to my car's aux in or use my stereo BT headphones to listen around the house or while mowing the lawn.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast