Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just found it this morning. I haven't loaded it up yet, but I'm so excited I just had to post!!!!

Yes!!! Finally!!!!

I've been using the Memo pad, and... well...

Okay, I have to calm down.

I knew someone was going to get to it eventually.

I'll report back with my findings, but I think I just found my new favourite app.

Scratch

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    What is the name of the app?
    It's called Scratch and it's available in the official app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Just found it this morning. I haven't loaded it up yet, but I'm so excited I just had to post!!!!

Yes!!! Finally!!!!

I've been using the Memo pad, and... well...

Okay, I have to calm down.

I knew someone was going to get to it eventually..........
    Ok, stop beating around the bush.
    How exactly do you feel about this?
    lol waiting for the review.... I love my pre, and would love some open office support (not that I need or would use it, just would like it fr the people that do need it).
    ClassicNote does basically eveyrthing this app does. Plus password protection. Categories. So I'll keep my 5 bucks
    Vociferous: That's exactly how I feel every time someone buys the app. Let me know (if you haven't already) if there are any features that you want that aren't in there, and I'll see how hard it will be to add them in.

OldSkoolVWLover: Google Docs can export to OpenOffice files, and Scratch syncs nicely to Google Docs. (More integration should be forthcoming when the PDK hits.)

OneDeep: Scratch doesn't do encryption (yet), but every file has topics, which have much the same effect as old-school categories. And Scratch uses real paragraphs, real HTML lists & headings, and has Google Docs import/export, which I don't think ClassicNote has. (Although I wager ClassicNote is worth at least $5 to anyone who uses it.)
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    ClassicNote vs. Scratch...I'm not so sure they are apples and apples...so I might pay $5 to check it out!

Besides, I would like to encourage further development along this type of app...help it grow into something bigger and better.

I don't expect Docs 2 Go for 6 months based on what I've been reading...and I won't be surprised if it never happens. I have no inside info, I'm just 'feeling' that the odds are about 30% that Dataviz gives up on webOS...bright side, I think 70% they will finish it! ANd that's pretty good %...cause I'm not that bright!
  9.    #9  
    So I just downloaded it. I just started using it, and I really shouldn't post a review after literally 5 minutes of use, but...

I love it.

Planesdragon... awesome work my friend. Excellent.

Right now I don't need anything too fancy, I just need THIS.

I'll post something more in depth when I've used it more, but I actually have a ton of work to do, so if I don't post a review for a while, it's because I'm USING IT. This app came literally just in time.

Oh and if you want to check it out, I put a link in my first post. If you can't see it then...

Click on this link and go and see for yourself.
    Will Scratch allow you to open, edit, and save *.doc, *.txt, *.rtf files?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    ...Besides, I would like to encourage further development along this type of app...help it grow into something bigger and better. ...
    I felt the same way. And, I'm absolutely diggin' the app!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Will Scratch allow you to open, edit, and save *.doc, *.txt, *.rtf files?
    Essentially yes. You need to import from Google Docs. At this stage, some elements don't port well: some formatting and embedded images.

I suspect we'll see that change in time. The developer has built the concept around HTML tags. So, in theory (mine anyway) most any tag can be implemented. I suspect (and pray) that it is just a matter of time.

I also suspect, more frequent $5 investments would speed things along.
    Is it simple to import from google docs?
    Indeed I dropped the $5 for this app. The upload to Google Docs is a big winner.

As to ClassicNote, I did not realize it had encryption until this thread, but I do have to say that if I use encryption, it needs to be supported on both the Pre and the desktop to be useful to me.

Five bucks is quite a reasonable price for apps like this. Speaking as a software developer myself, I can tell you these kinds of apps aren't something you slap together in a half day's work.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    I don't think you can import from google docs from your phone, can you? I mean, maybe from Scratch, but my problem is I need to be able to view and EDIT Word docs received from emals on my phone. Right now, you can view them using the built-in app, but you can't edit them.
    If there is a way to import the docs you receive in emails to google docs, all from your phone, then please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    I don't think you can import from google docs from your phone, can you? I mean, maybe from Scratch, but my problem is I need to be able to view and EDIT Word docs received from emals on my phone. Right now, you can view them using the built-in app, but you can't edit them.
    If there is a way to import the docs you receive in emails to google docs, all from your phone, then please let me know.
    Well, you can open the emailed document, and then "save as", and then email it to Google Docs - that is very quick. Then if you need to edit, you can import it to Scratch, and export it back to Google Docs. A bit cludgy, but not too bad.

We use Google Docs quite a bit in my school district, so the ability to import and edit is pretty nifty. $5 well spent!

The main feature I'd like to see is the ability to search/filter Google Docs, rather than needing to scroll through them all.
    Last edited by Bujin; 04/16/2010 at 12:39 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Ah, I had no idea you could email docs to google docs and have it do that! I should have looked into that! Thanks!
    This looks cool - I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    The main feature I'd like to see is the ability to search/filter Google Docs, rather than needing to scroll through them all.
    (whistles nonchalantly)

Hey, Bujin... do you use folders for Google Docs, or just put everything in the top view?

and I'm assuming that when you mean "search", you'd really like to search through all the content of your documents, and not just the titles....

(keeps on whistling, goes on about his day...)
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    Ah, I had no idea you could email docs to google docs and have it do that! I should have looked into that! Thanks!
    Upon further investigation, it seems that this "email-in" feature of letting you email an attachment to your "google docs address" and have it convert to a google doc has been suspended. Very sad.
    So there is still no way of converting docs and editing them if you receive them on your Pre. Or is there????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast