Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    how do you email a doc to google docs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Planesdragon View Post
    (whistles nonchalantly)

Hey, Bujin... do you use folders for Google Docs, or just put everything in the top view?
    Well, I occasionally label them in folders, but then I never take advantage of them. Like labels in Gmail, the search function seems much easier.

and I'm assuming that when you mean "search", you'd really like to search through all the content of your documents, and not just the titles....
    Not necessarily. Even searching titles would be very helpful.

Great job on this app!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by mc25mc View Post
    how do you email a doc to google docs?
    I don't think you can anymore. They were having problems w/ conversions of different doc types or something like that and decided to suspend this service. Hopefully it will come back in a few months...
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    I don't think you can anymore. They were having problems w/ conversions of different doc types or something like that and decided to suspend this service. Hopefully it will come back in a few months...
    Ooops.....sorry about getting folks hopes up. The email address that I've always used to upload still works, though.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I'm still not ready to cough up 5 bucks. Any chance of a video so we can see how it works? An no I'm not a fan of google docs. So that don't matter to me. Is there a way to save all the notes via usb?

I like what I see in formatting but what about searching words in a note?

also what's the road map for this since it's not password protected yet?

I just don't want to have 3 different notes apps and what to use the best one. And then I might buy it.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I love my pre, and would love some open office support
    Do you mean like this?

There are still a few guru incantations required to make it work, but the folks in the webos-internals forum here have figured out how to run the Linux versions of OpenOffice and Firefox on the Pre.....
    Hey...that's Moraine Lake behind that OpenOffice card! The Valley of the Ten Peaks! You can see that picture, with a Mountie in place of the Open Office card, on the back of a Canadian $20 bill!

That's one of the most beautiful sights I have seen in the World...but I've got a lot more places to see!
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Hey...that's Moraine Lake behind that OpenOffice card! The Valley of the Ten Peaks! You can see that picture, with a Mountie in place of the Open Office card, on the back of a Canadian $20 bill!
    Palm has good taste in wallpaper. That's one of their stock photos included on every Pre and Pre+.....
    Scratch is worth $5 considering I used to pay $50 for a boxed CD version for Dataviz years ago for my old Treo units!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    Upon further investigation, it seems that this "email-in" feature of letting you email an attachment to your "google docs address" and have it convert to a google doc has been suspended. Very sad.
    So there is still no way of converting docs and editing them if you receive them on your Pre. Or is there????
    Bump! I think I will buy this app, but having some way to receive a doc file, and get it into Scratch to edit, and then send it back out in a format that could be used by MS Word would be good. Planesdragon, can you help answer that? By the way, I'm really impressed on how you have worked hard to update Scratch. I'm sure I'll buy it, you deserve some funding for taking on this need. Oh what the heck...why stall, I just downloaded! So, no Starbucks coffee for 2 days! That's ok...I've got a stash I can brew on my own!

I'll keep in touch here as I get a chance to try it out!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12