1.    #1  
    hey everyone,
    I just got off the phone with sprint, I needed to block a # but the sites down in that area.

simply text "block" and the number to be blocked ie "block 6543211234"

send that to 9999

you'll get a response telling you the # is blocked

have a great day...
    any charge for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by holdfast View Post
    hey everyone,
    I just got off the phone with sprint, I needed to block a # but the sites down in that area.

simply text "block" and the number to be blocked ie "block "

send that to 9999

you'll get a response telling you the # is blocked

have a great day...
    Nice!
    Thanx
    That's interesting.. I'll try that. Lol thank!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Can this be done on Sprint.com?
    Does this block text messages, calls, or both? And how would you unblock? Just text "unblock #"?
    This only works for text messages, sorry to burst your bubble.

Support - Article
  8.    #8  
    it only works with texts, sorry. and there is no charge that im aware of.

i couldnt get into that area of sprints website this morning, im sure you can usually do it from there. this just seemed so much easier!

id guess texting "unblock + the number" would work...
    Last edited by holdfast; 04/16/2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: add text
    Now I can block people who send me them forwards and chain letters.
    Nice to know
    nice tip
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    For annoying phone calls, check out the 'DO NOT ANSWER' call block patch. Basically, create a contact named 'DO NOT ANSWER' and then add the phone numbers you want to block. No notification of their call will appear when they call. However, it will show in the call log that they had called. The local Indianapolis newspaper calls me twice a day and has for the past two weeks but I never know that they've called unless I look in my call log.
  13. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I second the Do not answer tweak. I have an automated system calling my phone exactly every half hour a couple times a week for a few hours. When I answer the call it is like a fax tone. The caller ID says the number is 6122 only. So I assigned 6122 in my contacts list and named that number Do not answer. Now when the number calls I am not notified at all. Nothing shows up on my phone. The only way I can see that it is still calling is in my history log.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    I second the Do not answer tweak. I have an automated system calling my phone exactly every half hour a couple times a week for a few hours. When I answer the call it is like a fax tone. The caller ID says the number is 6122 only. So I assigned 6122 in my contacts list and named that number Do not answer. Now when the number calls I am not notified at all. Nothing shows up on my phone. The only way I can see that it is still calling is in my history log.
    As handy as it is, it still doesn't not solve getting billed 1min for each annoying telemarketer that decides not to abide by the do-not-call list.