1.    #1  
    i just bought a new palm pre but it failed to create a palm pre profile... It locked to o2 Uk but i tried both o2 contract sim and o2 prepaid sim it still cant create palm pre profile... flashed to SPRINT 1.3.5 with wifi enabled and successed to create palm profile but cant make any call or send sms... o2 icon show on top right screen also the signal but no 3g... Also i bought a rebel sim to use with it but it still doesnt work... anyone help??? i dont wanna waste my money just to buy a brick...
    Which Country are you in? Which network are you on?

By my knowledge your phone is locked to O2 UK. You can bypass this with a rebel sim, but webos 1.4.1 doesn't work out of the box with rebel sim.

Please check out the rebel sim site here!

You can also try the new unlocking possibility here
    And here is howto for bypassing carrier activation if you unlock your phone!
    are you using O2 via carphonewarehouse? This seems to cause issues for me which are unresolved for now, check the topic on unlocking palm pre
  4.    #4  
    Yes... I live in UK... The network i want to use is 02... But now the phone is just a brick...
    Hi JAKS. Have you unlocked ur phone???
    I used the tool on that is now available for download... which has unlocked my phone but I still have the SOS only error. been trying to resolve it for some time now without success
    How old are the SIMs ? They may not be 3G capable.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  7.    #7  
    The sims are brand new and they all 3g sim card because i checked it before i put it in the phone. After read all the posts on the forum my phone still dead. Does anyone knows if palm pre can get blocked if the previous owner report stolen???
  8.    #8  
    Is anyone in UK help me with this??? Ill can bring my phone to you to do it for me and i dont mind to pay... THANKS
    Quote Originally Posted by gold3n_dragon View Post
    i just bought a new palm pre but it failed to create a palm pre profile... It locked to o2 Uk but i tried both o2 contract sim and o2 prepaid sim it still cant create palm pre profile... flashed to SPRINT 1.3.5 with wifi enabled and successed to create palm profile but cant make any call or send sms... o2 icon show on top right screen also the signal but no 3g... Also i bought a rebel sim to use with it but it still doesnt work... anyone help??? i dont wanna waste my money just to buy a brick...
    Notice in Bold ? You have flashed GSM phone with CDMA firmware.

Both are completely different technologies used by different companies. Their firmware is tailor made to suit their network's frequency bands.

You need to find and install O2 firmware. If phone has O2 firmware, it will accept any O2 sim card for activation. If if is not accepting O2 sims then,

1. Phone is faulty and needs to be replaced
    2. Have you got it from ebay ?? The dodgy seller has told you its on O2 while its on some other network and wants to get rid of it himself ?
    3. Lastly, is your O2 sim having Web bolt on enabled ? Does it have enough balance if on pay as you go ? If you have put a contract sim, does it have internet enabled by O2 ?
    Last edited by gnugeek; 04/20/2010 at 11:37 PM.