1.    #1  
    my pre wont turn on when i press the the power button.. is there any way to fix this or do i have to get a refurb from sprint? oh and ive had my pre since day one
    I just hope your store still has replacement Pres. Instead of trying to fix it, I'd try to hurry up and get a replacement while you can.
    You can easily fix this yourself. Pop off the power button with an office pin. Use the open pin to pull the little gold metal strip that you see inside up a little. Do not pull on it hard or you'll break it. Replace the button and you should be fine
    It takes five minutes to fix it.

Pry button of with a tweezer or something like that. Cut a small piece of paper and fold it once to double it and stick in the hole in the middle (i know, i know ).

You could also use a tiny piece of pencil eraser instead of the paper.

Replace power button and ur good to go.
  5.    #5  
    hah i need to do all this just to turn on my phone? the hell lol
    Quote Originally Posted by luis12356 View Post
    hah i need to do all this just to turn on my phone? the hell lol
    Yep.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of cheap hardware.
    luis, do you have the total protection plan for your phone? If so, you can call Sprint right now, hopefully they will have a solution for you. If all else fails, I hope you're more mechanically inclined than me, then try the suggestions above.

Oh, and if you don't have the protection plan, then you might as well forget about calling Sprint, they will just tell you to call a local store. Or, try to chat with Palm?
    Do not use paper, just pull the metal piece up a little bit. Paper makes its feel all clustered in there.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    You can easily fix this yourself. Pop off the power button with an office pin. Use the open pin to pull the little gold metal strip that you see inside up a little. Do not pull on it hard or you'll break it. Replace the button and you should be fine
    Don't try to fix it. If you do, they may not replace it.
    Mine was fixed in 5 minutes at a local Sprint store. I just brought it in, they looked at it, gave it to the tech who replaced the button and the stuff under the button (they called it something weird like dongle), and I walked out with a working button.
    welcome to the palm pre, enjoy your stay....