Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As was discussed in several other threads before, after I called my "special" Sprint number today to get something straightened out with my account, I asked the very knowledgable rep about reports of people not getting their broken Pres replaced with another Pre. He confirmed that if a store is out of replacement Pres, they will not get replenished and you will either have to make due with a Pixi, or, more likely, a Samsung Moment.

I really wonder what that means. On one hand there are reports of surplus new inventory, on the other hand, Sprint is risking die hard Pre fans like us having to bury our beloved broken Pre and having to make due with a Moment!

Another odd thing, one of my customers just got a new Pre from Best Buy, when I helped her set it up and explain all the features to her, I noticed that her phone still came with version 1.1.0.! Also, while the slider was tight, it had a huge white blotch at the bottom of the screen, and the power button is missing the clickyness that my power button has, it feels like it could fail any moment. She at first didn't seem to think the Pre was the right phone for her, but after the update and after me showing her what her phone can do, she started to really like it. So, for a customer like her, who just started liking her phone, going back to try to replace it and having to learn that a Moment is in her future, that just has to alienate customers.

But either way, hopefully it is a good sign of things to come.
    ugh, and my power button just broke... i really dont want to let go of my pre:[ is it for all sprint stores or some?
    I'm a VZW rep, and we did not get any Pre's or Pixies in our shipment today. We haven't for two or three weeks now.
  4.    #4  
    Just some...lol, funny, I just replied to your post.
    I think it's a sign that Palm quit making the Pre and went full bore on the Pre plus. I can definitely believe the Pre supply is short while there are lots of Pre +'s to be had. Palm thought Verizon was going to sell a ton of these.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Vet View Post
    I'm a VZW rep, and we did not get any Pre's or Pixies in our shipment today. We haven't for two or three weeks now.
    Interesting!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    It's been my experience that the Pres don't last very long. I'm on my fourth one since October. That could be part of the problem. I have talked to a few people that have the Pres and they have all had problems that require replacement. I got my fourth one about a week ago and it had v1.1 software on it. You'd think they would update the software before sending out the replacement phones.
  8.    #8  
    What's it all mean??? I wanna know!
    Quote Originally Posted by luis12356 View Post
    ugh, and my power button just broke... i really dont want to let go of my pre:[ is it for all sprint stores or some?
    You can easily fix this yourself. Pop off the power button with an office pin. Use the open pin to pull the little gold metal strip that you see inside up a little. Do not pull on it hard or you'll break it. Replace the button and you should be fine
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    My Pre wouldnt turn on for hours with a full charge, and when it does it is now stuck in headset mode... arggggggg I was hoping to get a replacement this weekend but looks like I might be getting an Android device!?! ***
    Quote Originally Posted by luis12356 View Post
    See the replies to the thread you made for that..........
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    My Pre wouldnt turn on for hours with a full charge, and when it does it is now stuck in headset mode... arggggggg I was hoping to get a replacement this weekend but looks like I might be getting an Android device!?! ***
    Don't lose hope yet! If you Sprint store doesn't have one, try another one. Also, don't these things have a one year warranty from Palm? Would they send one out?
    Although Sprint may not have the inventory to fulfill and replace orders Palm still can. Contacting Palm directly to set up replacement devices is always an option.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    My local store order a replacement for me and it's been on back order since Monday? I called today to check in, he said that the warehouse should have some in tomorrow. I'm keeping my finger cross. There's no way in hell I'm gonna get an Android phone.
  15.    #15  
    HardBeatz, being a Palm guy, do you have any more info you can share with us about the shortage of replacements on Sprint....are we getting the C40 soon?
    I hope the pre+ comes to sprint since we all got shafted with the original. would make a nice replacement that i would purposely run that custom kernel to damage your pre just to get the pre+. do you think it will be possible that if sprint and palm will do it on the down-low, walk in with a regular pre and walk out with a pre+ for sprint. or maybe only in dreams.
    Sounds like that is their solution to all the people who bring in Pres for replacement for a dead pixel or a little bit of twist. "Don't want it--here, have a Moment."
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Although Sprint may not have the inventory to fulfill and replace orders Palm still can. Contacting Palm directly to set up replacement devices is always an option.
    good idea but it seems as ig they don't believe the "battery door" issue. Is it a known issue enough for me to call and explain again for an hour only to get told it's physical damage and my fault? I still prefer to stick with palm and if it gets any worse I don't knowwhat to do. no other phone on sprint interests me, especially not the moment or pixi. either webos or iphone for me and I prefer webos
    I just don't understand why we cant have the damn pre+, i mean they have all of that verizon stock just sitting their collecting dust, i want in on some of that pile of dust. how hard can it really be, both are USA CDMA, and at the worst case scenario they might need to slightly change the sprint ROM and change the mirror in the back to a sprint one. sound simple enough to me, while the world are getting the pre+, and we are left in the dark cause we decided to be beta testers due to our love with palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Yeah and Palm asked me to pay 29.99 for a replacement phone. Thats not cool . Its not my fault the hardware gives up on me.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast