Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Yes, True. I'm going to make an example of what i consider a smart company. I'm in the heating and ac field and familiar with a furnace manufacture called Trane. And what they do for their blower motor modules is they make them all the same, and at first they are all dumb until they get put in to a furnace and a certain ROM gets loaded in to them with all the parameters of that particular model. One module will work on all of their furnaces and the same steps goes in to their newer circuit boards. The point is why worry about extra inventory from any particular carrier when all they really have to do is make 2 types of dumb pre's, a GSM and CDMA. And depending on how many carriers are requesting, then take them dumb pre's out, load up a Rom, and etch the logo on what was a blank mirror.
    Or do just what Apple did and insist on using UMTS tri-band (which makes it work with all 3G GSM carriers in the world), no carrier branding.

One version around the world, can ship stock anywhere. Palm should have done this and they can easily deploy stock anytime anywhere. Heck we would probably have unlocked versions by now.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Or do just what Apple did and insist on using UMTS tri-band (which makes it work with all 3G GSM carriers in the world), no carrier branding.

One version around the world, can ship stock anywhere. Palm should have done this and they can easily deploy stock anytime anywhere. Heck we would probably have unlocked versions by now.
    yeah sure, both points we made would of worked way better then what they did lol
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    good idea but it seems as ig they don't believe the "battery door" issue. Is it a known issue enough for me to call and explain again for an hour only to get told it's physical damage and my fault? I still prefer to stick with palm and if it gets any worse I don't knowwhat to do. no other phone on sprint interests me, especially not the moment or pixi. either webos or iphone for me and I prefer webos
    I sooo feel your pain , Mines kept cracking on the side port by USB and they replaced it at 1st but it kept doing it and they said it was physical damage and im like it how and it KEEPS cracking in same spot and I havent dropped it....I had to go to corporate to get resolution.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I am attempting to contact Palm through their free chat site but am having problems. I have tried on 4 different computers with 3 different ISP's.

www.palm.com/chat

I fill out the form and click "Chat with Palm"
    Then it gives me a blank page with the Palm header and has"errors" using IE.
    "Unterminated string constant"

Does this happen for anyone else???

Would like not to be forced to use their $14..95 call support just because the free chat is not working.

TIA
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Palm Pre (x2 referb)
    Twitter
    uggggghh 4 one here
    Still on first Pre. No problems yet.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234