Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yeah and Palm asked me to pay 29.99 for a replacement phone. Thats not cool . Its not my fault the hardware gives up on me.
    this is the biggest problem palm is having, people are needing to replace phones and the hardware just might not be long lasting.

Something pam should seriously consider.. Is that when the next big device for palm comes out, all pre (not pixi as I hear very little about hardware complaints from them) owners get discount and automaitc upgrade for that phone if they are not a premier customer. I suggest this as it would show loyal pre owners they were not forgotton and from what I believe, apple did allow some people to do this with the latest iphones.
    If you were eligible for upgrade yes. If you werent, they barely knocked any cash off. All they want is your money **** APPLE AND **** ATT (This is from personal experience)
    Yeah and Palm asked me to pay 29.99 for a replacement phone. Thats not cool . Its not my fault the hardware gives up on me.
    I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks as long as they promised to replace my Pre with the Pre Plus version
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks as long as they promised to replace my Pre with the Pre Plus version
    +1 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you balk at the fee, they won't charge it. This has been going on for years. I have never paid that fee.
    SIMPLE RESOLUTION

Get the Best Buy replacement protection instead of Sprints
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrico View Post
    SIMPLE RESOLUTION

Get the Best Buy replacement protection instead of Sprints

thats what i got ... just make sure u dont lose it or it doesnt get stolen or ur s.o.l
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    If you balk at the fee, they won't charge it. This has been going on for years. I have never paid that fee.
    why would they give you a pre plus? When it's only on verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    why would they give you a pre plus? When it's only on verizon.
    Sorry, I quoted the wrong message.
    It should have been this one.
    They have had that fee for years, if you complain they won't charge it.
    Warranty advanced replacement.
    "Yeah and Palm asked me to pay 29.99 for a replacement phone. Thats not cool . Its not my fault the hardware gives up on me. "
    pre 2, ladies and gentlemen
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    pre 2, ladies and gentlemen
    I sure hope so. Palm/Sprint ought to start dropping some hints though because the natives are getting restless.
    The $29.95 covers shipping of the device both ways. Since Palm does not have any actual retail stores to take a device to we have to send the device directly to and from our repair facility to your house, work etc.

To cover these shipping costs we charge the $29.995 now that is only if we ship a device first. Our standard repair options are you send the device into us and we ship a device back out to you once the device is received. This service is free for the full 1 year hardware warranty minus any physical damage etc.

To learn more about our repair options you can see this link
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Phone repair pricing (US & Canada)
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I just don't understand why we cant have the damn pre+, i mean they have all of that verizon stock just sitting their collecting dust, i want in on some of that pile of dust. how hard can it really be, both are USA CDMA, and at the worst case scenario they might need to slightly change the sprint ROM and change the mirror in the back to a sprint one. sound simple enough to me, while the world are getting the pre+, and we are left in the dark cause we decided to be beta testers due to our love with palm.
    Agreed...I was third in line on launch day when the Pre first came to Sprint..got to say, I was pretty ****ed when I heard the Plus was heading to Verizon and AT&T. Hopefully a new WebOS device launches within the next few months to make it up to us early adopters. I'm going on my third Pre, but I still want to stick with Palm.
  14.    #34  
    Well Palm has to do something. I mean, how hard is it to slap some new hardware together? HTC cranks new phones out like there is no tomorrow! They already have the software, now get some kickin' components, send that stuff to China, and screw'em together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Vet View Post
    I'm a VZW rep, and we did not get any Pre's or Pixies in our shipment today. We haven't for two or three weeks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I think it's a sign that Palm quit making the Pre and went full bore on the Pre plus. I can definitely believe the Pre supply is short while there are lots of Pre +'s to be had. Palm thought Verizon was going to sell a ton of these.
    Think you missed reading this tidbit jbg7474.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Well Palm has to do something. I mean, how hard is it to slap some new hardware together? HTC cranks new phones out like there is no tomorrow! They already have the software, now get some kickin' components, send that stuff to China, and screw'em together.
    I think "slapping together" new hardware in a rush job from China would probably be a bad idea.
    I may be thread-jacking here...

But whenever I go online to the palm site they always refer me to go to the Bell store... which I've always been given the worst service at. My phone gets stuck in headset mode (the hardware issue) all the time and I really am getting tired of not being able to listen to music in fear that I won't be able to switch out of it without a Q-tip.

Do you guys offer the same $29.95 ship + replace/repair for Bell customers?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I have the plus on verizon and love it for the most part. I love the webOS and the 800mhz ipk. I hear the pre plus' have some improvements to make it less likely to break right? I've only had one problem with my pre and a hard reset fix that. When My pre goes I too would like to stay with the webOS but not particularly the pixi, it's just not my style. I would love to hear more about the pre2, even it it comes to sprint first as long as it comes to verizon too.
    I took my Pre in to my local Sprint Store in Oklahoma City Wednesday of this week at 1pm CST and stopped back by to pick up my replacement at 4pm CST (didn't have time to wait or I could have had it sooner). It was running WebOS version 1.4.0. So no shortage here.

I am on my 4th Pre since July of last year. A lot of people complain about the issues but I personally have gotten great service everytime I have gone in to the Sprint Store. This last time my contacts and memos didn't come back with my Profile reload. I called Palm, they found the most recent profile where all of my data was there and after a profile re-load it was all back.

A little hassle... yes, but nothing I have ever owned even comes close to the functionality I get from my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I just don't understand why we cant have the damn pre+, i mean they have all of that verizon stock just sitting their collecting dust, i want in on some of that pile of dust. how hard can it really be, both are USA CDMA, and at the worst case scenario they might need to slightly change the sprint ROM and change the mirror in the back to a sprint one. sound simple enough to me, while the world are getting the pre+, and we are left in the dark cause we decided to be beta testers due to our love with palm.
    Yes and you have to add the man hours, cost of doing so.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast