1.    #1  
    My wife is a genealogist and frequents the website findagrave dot com to see who around the world wants pictures for there family tree of grave sites of family members who have passed... But this weekend she thought it would be a good idea to take pictures with her phone and upload them to the site straight from her phone... Which she found to be not capable. She and many others who frequent that site would LOVE someone to make an app that allows for easy navigation, upload and responding for those valuable Genealogists.

Example of a "Find A Grave Page", my daughter:
    Anisette Sofia 03/05/2010
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  2.    #2  
    "Seriously, is no one interested in keeping the memory of where they come from alive."
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    "Seriously, is no one interested in keeping the memory of where they come from alive."
    Sorry, you gotta give more time than that... You might have had more success if you'd worded the thread slightly differently. I would have suggested something along the lines of:

Adding additonal upload destinations for photo uploads

This can probably be done "reasonably" easy, but I don't think you're going to find many folks attracted by the "grave" title.

I'll try to take a look at some of the code this weekend. No promises though, and it'll probably be a "hack" unless someone wants to put together a patch package.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I would be interested in an app of this sort as well. I might even be tempted to just snap photos in a morning walk through a local cemetery.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, you gotta give more time than that... You might have had more success if you'd worded the thread slightly differently. I would have suggested something along the lines of:

Adding additonal upload destinations for photo uploads

This can probably be done "reasonably" easy, but I don't think you're going to find many folks attracted by the "grave" title.

I'll try to take a look at some of the code this weekend. No promises though, and it'll probably be a "hack" unless someone wants to put together a patch package.
    I guess from a genealogists perspective I didn't see it that way. We see death as a way to keep the persons memory alive as they can no longer do it for themselves.

Not "OMG Graves".

ALSO... Any help would be great... If you can put together a hack i may be able to make it a patch via sh script or something...
    Last edited by demetry14; 04/16/2010 at 08:25 PM.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke35 View Post
    I would be interested in an app of this sort as well. I might even be tempted to just snap photos in a morning walk through a local cemetery.
    People like this help people like my wife find family members online that they can not go see locally... Maybe you can go on the website and check that cemetery listing for people looking for headstone pictures for that location.

People usually ask for pictures when they live in another state and can not exactly drive to the cemetery to visit there loved one's.

7.    #7  
    Anyone able to implement the Find-A-Grave photo upload for my wife?

Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Anyone able to implement the Find-A-Grave photo upload for my wife?
    Hi I could throw something together for you, question is: does the site have an api, do you log in using a UN/PW....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    Hi I could throw something together for you, question is: does the site have an api, do you log in using a UN/PW....
    The site does require a UN/PW, which is free.
    The site does not have an API that I am aware of. But I did send them an email to find out for sure.

10.    #10  
    abegee seems to have vanished.

This post should also be in the proper forum, when you can request and discuss apps and patches. That's where the developers look, when people want certain features.

Also, offering a bounty or donation to the person that develops it can help a lot, since most of them are just doing it for free in their spare time.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    This post should also be in the proper forum, when you can request and discuss apps and patches. That's where the developers look, when people want certain features.

Also, offering a bounty or donation to the person that develops it can help a lot, since most of them are just doing it for free in their spare time.
    You are right, this is in the wrong section. But when i was in the right section and selected to make this thread, this is where it put it. So I dunno what to say.

LOL! That's a website for ya! You could try sending one of the mods a PM to see if they can move it for you.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!