1.    #1  
    Love my pre.

Someone just emailed me an animated image and it doesn't play. It just sits there as a image. Another friend got the same image on his blackberry and it played fine. Do I have some type of setting wrong?

ET
    If it's a GIF, it should play.
    Check the properties of the file to see what kind of file it is.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, I feel stupid. Not email, text me an image. Sorry. Its one of those joke messages people text to each other of an animated image. Sorry for the screw up.

ET
    if its in a text it will not work at least not on sprint.
    Clarence -
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Ok, I feel stupid. Not email, text me an image. Sorry. Its one of those joke messages people text to each other of an animated image. Sorry for the screw up.

ET
    No big deal.
    there is a app incatolog,,animated emotioncons,,,its so cool,,100's of different animations from smileys to holiday stuff,,etc,,i have sprint and I send and receive these animated emotion cons just fine. Works great,,very cool app.
    forgot to say I text these with my sprint phones and they work.
    yes those work in the messaging app but they only play if the other person sending them has the same program or the webos 1.4.1 installed but other .gifs that people send you will not show as animated it is because palm will not change sms mms servers, i found out that its not palm or sprint(sprint uses a mms server client that doesn't support animatation).

see below this is from lisa a product development engineer from sprint.

Sprint MMS service is handled by a outside third party, Syniverse. The Syniverse MMS server does not support animated GIFs, and will transcode all animated GIFs to JPEG (still image) format.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post

ET
    wow