Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I tried and failed. anybody know of a way to add a picture to the boring grey default icon in music player from Pre? I can do it from my computer but I want an easy way from the drop down menu, say add image<take me to google images and there i can select a picture. Or any kind of workaround.
    I would suggest you download the "music player (remix)' application from Preware for a better music player... and then use an application like Songbird, MediaMonkey, or Doubletwist for managing your music between your Pre and desktop. These apps have the ability to grab the album artwork for you and move it to your device when you sync.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    At this point i'm afraid messing around with wosqi will mess up my pre again. I like it now and wosqi just gives me headaches. I'll see if those apps are in pre catalog. Again, afraid of preware.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I would suggest you download the "music player (remix)' application from Preware for a better music player... and then use an application like Songbird, MediaMonkey, or Doubletwist for managing your music between your Pre and desktop. These apps have the ability to grab the album artwork for you and move it to your device when you sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    At this point i'm afraid messing around with wosqi will mess up my pre again. I like it now and wosqi just gives me headaches. I'll see if those apps are in pre catalog. Again, afraid of preware.
    The programs HelloNNNewman is referring to are for your computer, not the Pre. HelloNNNewman was indicating to add the artwork on the computer, and then transfer the songs to the Pre, but I read your message to indicate that you want to be able to add the artwork on the Pre itself. I don't know of any way that this is possible though..... It's really easy to add the artwork to the ID3 tag on the computer though... I use MediaMonkey, and I'm very happy with it as both a player on my PC and to sync music over to my Pre.
    search for NaNPlayer on the threads, he currently has a music player in closed beta and opens it up for new people sometimes..it's awesome and has a feature to add cover art that's missing from mp3 files..
    download mediamonkey, organize your tracks by right-clicking, then selecting "auto tag from web" (or ctrl+L if you don't like clicking), when the track info is found, click options on the upper-right corner of the window and make sure "save image to tag" is selected, then put the song on your pre. unless you're editing tracks directly from your pre. it's a pretty easy program to use.