Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    http://www.precentral.net/real-gsm-p...im-unlock-live
    That was quick ,while I am still thinking of getting the pre vs the iphone and so does my friends, but since I live in egypt it would be really hard to get one so could you list all disadvantages of getting it unoficially , also does palm profiles and the app catalog fully work anywere on an unlocked palm pre ?
    Last edited by Khaled93; 04/16/2010 at 09:36 AM.
    As an Australian user of an unlocked Spanish Movistar GSM Pre I can say that, provided that the frequencies are suitable for use in Egypt, your only problems will be with access to the App Catalog. You would have access to the Catalog of the carrier of origin, but only be able to download free programs. Your Palm profile and updates would be handled normally.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I actually don't care about paid apps, but what about updates and is the hardware okay or should I wait for the plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaled93 View Post
    I actually don't care about paid apps, but what about updates and is the hardware okay or should I wait for the plus?
    I'm half Egyptian and I can confirm it works in Egypt. I tried on Vodafone. For Mobinil and Etisalat you should possibly have to edit the Carriernetworksettings database, I can help you out with that if you want to...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Do you have the latest update 1.4.1?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Is there a way to order it in egypt?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I knew about this, I meant to order the phone itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I sent you a PM. You have a few options.
    Hey TTB, can you send me the options too? I'm in New Zealand and looking at the best way of getting an unlocked pre on my side of the world
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I know two things about you:
    - you can't get my name right
    - you don't know how to read PMs; I sent you two PMs days ago.
    Gah - you're right! Sorry about the name mix-up, I've been following too many different threads at the same time!

Yeah I only just read the messages now - have pm'd back
    Last edited by llama233; 04/17/2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: and it appears I can't spell either...
    Is there a way to order it in egypt?
    As tomi666 said, you can order a spanish unlocked one, I have one of tose too (running on 1.4.1 by now). The guy sent it to me in the Netherlands, but I'm pretty sure he can do it to Egypt too. I guess tomi666 pm'ed you about the same guy, but if you need his name just give a shout.

I think the only problem would be where in Egypt you want it delivered, as we both know how 'well' the Egyptian post works . I hope you live in Cairo at least?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I actually live in Alexandria.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I'm sorry to say that it would be impossible to buy a pre from egypt especially the shipping part also, the pre has very bad hardware so if it dies I can't replace it!!
    I don't know if it's worth it!?
    I'm sorry to say that it would be impossible to buy a pre from egypt especially the shipping part also, the pre has very bad hardware so if it dies I can't replace it!!
    I don't know if it's worth it!?
    Well I couldnt replace mine either, since Spain is not around the corner for me too. I never had to because mine was of good quality. The guy I bought from checks all his phones for oreo effects and so on.

Actually it's possible to get it delivered, even in Alexandria. I know the post office works well in areas such as semo7a, don't know about the more folky neighbourhoods though. I mean you should not try it in el7adara .

But I can tell you this; it's worth it, cause it's one heck of a phone!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I know!! but I actually found a way to ship it through aramex, they use their own system in the us and uk to ship stuff with very low fee and they have an office here!!!!
    But how could he check for oreo effects????
    I know!! but I actually found a way to ship it through aramex, they use their own system in the us and uk to ship stuff with very low fee and they have an office here!!!!
    But how could he check for oreo effects????
    He does the unlocking. I think he works at Movistar or knows somebody there, so he picks them out.