1.    #1  
    I'm surprised I don't see more complaints about this issue. It must just be me or something. Can you tell me how you are able to change the date of an existing appointment or task to something that occurs for example two wednesday's from the current date. The current method (scrolling date selector) is useless. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about. Again maybe it's just me. I would like to know how other people feel about changing existing dates and whether or not you think the current method is sufficient.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have you even tried to use the keyboard? You can enter the numbers there.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I don't see the problem. Go to month view, pick your date and add it (then delete the original). Or just make note of the date in the future and go back to the original appointment and change the day.

I do it all the time....no much of a big deal to me.
    I don't know about huge - but yes it is a serious inconvenience to try picking a date without knowing what day of the week it is. Guess I've just learned to deal with it and keep hoping Palm or someone will make a switch to a month view style date picker before long.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    There is a patch for defaulting it to a month view, also one for a weekly view.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Dude, relax.

Is your memory that bad that you can't remember the date. If you are doing an appointment then you can select the day. If you are doing a task then keep your calendar card open so that you can refer back.

I'll agree it is an oversight, but a HUGE problem - I don't think so
    Dan
    It's amazing how people like to offer suggestions without reading the OP.

Yes, it is annoying and stupid. I really wish they had not copied the iPhone in this and would provide a calendar option in the select view like Google does instead of forcing me to go find the date for next month's third Wednesday. I too wish they would change it, but in all honesty, creating appts on the Pre is irritating (and buggy when it comes to messing with Google's recurring appts) that I just make a note and do it when I'm at my laptop, so I agree, it's a huge problem.
    90% of the time I just change the date on the computer and let it sync up. But entering dates on the Pre has not been a problem for me. Before I make the change, I just look up what date I want in the month view.

It might be easier, though, if they just show us a calendar and let us tap on the day we want. I agree that the calendar for a date picker would be easier. Big deal? Not really.

It would be helpful if your thread titles were more descriptive, like "I hate the way I have to change appointment dates!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    I'm surprised I don't see more complaints about this issue. It must just be me or something. Can you tell me how you are able to change the date of an existing appointment or task to something that occurs for example two wednesday's from the current date. The current method (scrolling date selector) is useless. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about. Again maybe it's just me. I would like to know how other people feel about changing existing dates and whether or not you think the current method is sufficient.
    Current method is sufficient. It's not great, but it's sufficent.

Today is April 15. 2 weeks = 2 x 7 = 15 + 14 = April 29.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Current method is sufficient. It's not great, but it's sufficent.

Today is April 15. 2 weeks = 2 x 7 = 15 + 14 = April 29.
    How about 3 weeks from today? 15 + 21 = 36. Then, subtract 30. Or is it 31? Let's see...30 days hath September, or was that October. No, October definitely has 31, Halloween, right? OK, so September is 30....

Yeah, date picker could use some work.

Regards,
    Tom
    HUGE? No. Needs fixing? Absolutely.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    How about 3 weeks from today? 15 + 21 = 36. Then, subtract 30. Or is it 31? Let's see...30 days hath September, or was that October. No, October definitely has 31, Halloween, right? OK, so September is 30....

Yeah, date picker could use some work.

Regards,
    Tom
    lol - That does get confusing with all that math.

There were a lot of folks that didn't fully understand my post. There is no patch for this problem. And it is huge! Especially for tasks apps. Here is an easy exercise you can do with the task app to get my meaning. Create a new task for today, name it "Pickup kids 1st day tennis". Set the task to go off at 6pm with a reminder at 1 hour. Now close the app. Oops forgot you can't set the task to go off at 6pm or set an 1 hour reminder. We continue. So the task just pops up as a notification instantly since it is set for today. That's frustration #1.

Now open tasks app again. You realize youve made a mistake with the date. The "Pickup kids 1st day tennis" actually occurs two Tuesdays from today's date of 4/15. What do you do within the current entry to change the date? This is frustration #2.

Do the same exercise in calendar. Frustration #1 is gone except if you want to be reminded longer than 2hrs and less than a day. However frustration #2 persists.
    Guys...the OP is right (even if a bit exaggerated about the issue). But the fact is that the PalmOS calendar would show you a monthly view and you could pick a date from there, instead of simply a list of months then days. Obviously, if you are moving something to tomorrow or a week from now, this isnt a big deal, but if you want to find a time far out in the future, the monthly snapshot is so much easier.

So does this correspond to a "HUGE" problem..no, because there is a way around it. But is this a big FRUSTRATION, especially since PalmOS did this and webOS does not...ABSOLUTELY!