Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Umm... I must have missed something. Where are they??
    They should be released in the Fall.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Umm... I must have missed something. Where are they??
    I should have said will be released to developers. Anyhow, not a big deal. Semantics really. The point is that it's coming.
    Last edited by playboy; 04/26/2010 at 07:45 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    They should be released in the Fall.
    According to the liveblog on P|C, Palm will be releasing the beta SDK with the new apis to devs. If the final version is due in the fall, I would guess that the beta versions would be available for devs before fall.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I should have said will be released to developers. Anyhow, not a big deal. Semantics really. The point is that it's coming.
    It's been coming. This changes things how?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    It's been coming. This changes things how?
    Um, it's now official. Official being the key word. No one knew before that it was coming, except for those at Palm. I mean, unless you knew. But then if you knew this thread prolly wouldn't have been created. Setting aside the notion put forth in the original post that iPhone devs are the only ones that can create apps that are pure fluff. There was alot of hand-wringing on this very forum with multiple threads on not having the api available, this thread being such an example. That's the difference.

    Now it's just a matter of seeing what kind of pure fluff devs are creative enough to develop.
    Last edited by playboy; 04/26/2010 at 08:03 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Um, it's now official. Official being the key word. No one knew before that it was coming, except for those at Palm. I mean, unless you knew. But then if you knew this thread prolly wouldn't have been created. Setting aside the notion put forth in the original post that iPhone devs are the only ones that can create apps that are pure fluff. There was alot of hand-wringing on this very forum with multiple threads on not having the api available, this thread being such an example. That's the difference.
    How on Earth did you glean from my first post that "iPhone devs are the only ones that can create apps that are pure fluff"? First, that wouldn't really be such a bad thing for Palm if I thought that. Second, apps like that can be created on other platforms besides iPhone. Android has extensive voice functionality throughout the OS. Such an odd takeaway.

    As for the rest, nothing is official until its delivered. How many "official" release windows has Adobe's Flash beta for WebOS had? DataViz "officially" confirmed Documents to Go full was hitting WebOS by the end of 2009.

    Nothing is different...yet.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    How on Earth did you glean from my first post that "iPhone devs are the only ones that can create apps that are pure fluff"? First, that wouldn't really be such a bad thing for Palm if I thought that. Second, apps like that can be created on other platforms besides iPhone. Android has extensive voice functionality throughout the OS. Such an odd takeaway.

    As for the rest, nothing is official until its delivered. How many "official" release windows has Adobe's Flash beta for WebOS had? DataViz "officially" confirmed Documents to Go full was hitting WebOS by the end of 2009.

    Nothing is different...yet.
    Well, one could have inferred from your original post and this statement, "that's not to say WebOS would have this because it's still a niche platform" that no one would develop such an app b/c of the niche nature of the platform. Yet, there are devs developing apps and porting apps such as Ancient Frog to webOS despite the niche nature even though a Glee type app is of an even more niche nature. There has to other creative devs that would and could develop such app for the platform disregarding the niche nature b/c, well more potential users is always a good thing no matter how niche the market.

    As for the semantics of official we can around and around about what the meaning of official is. However, you can go on record right now and say that Palm won't release the beta SDK to devs before the fall and in the fall Palm won't release the full version in a new software update. But I doubt you will. B/c we both know that Palm is not Adobe or Dataviz when it comes to releasing software updates.

    I'm just going by what was said at the dev conference. Palm has been pretty consistent about releasing updates and you know this.
    Last edited by playboy; 04/26/2010 at 08:31 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I should have said will be released to developers. Anyhow, not a big deal. Semantics really. The point is that it's coming.
    Yea, I wouldn't exactly call improper verb conjugation just a semantics issue.

    Present tense != Future tense

    Not to me, Not to you, Not to anybody.

    But yea... Adobe Flash 10.1 *IS* available *TODAY*!!
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Yea, I wouldn't exactly call improper verb conjugation just a semantics issue.

    Present tense != Future tense

    Not to me, Not to you, Not to anybody.

    But yea... Adobe Flash 10.1 *IS* available *TODAY*!!
    Thanks english teacher. Again, the api will be made available to devs. That's the point. Improper verb conjugation isn't, unless you're trying to deflect from the main theme of the thread. But you aren't trying to do that are you. You're just trying to teach us all proper verb conjugation in a thread about the lack of a mic api that would allow for the creation a Glee app.

    But what was your point again? Oh, something about Adobe Flash 10.1, proper verb conjugation, future tense, present tense, the sky is blue dot, dot, dot. Boom goes the dynamite.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  10. #50  
    My point is that you said this...

    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    If you wanted to, you could make a bar code app or a fluff app entitled I am Rick Ross b/c the apis are now available Mikah.
    "[Mic] apis are now available"...

    Does not compute!!
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Well, one could have inferred from your original post and this statement, "that's not to say WebOS would have this because it's still a niche platform" that no one would develop such an app b/c of the niche nature of the platform. Yet, there are devs developing apps and porting apps such as Ancient Frog to webOS despite the niche nature even though a Glee type app is of an even more niche nature. There has to other creative devs that would and could develop such app for the platform disregarding the niche nature b/c, well more potential users is always a good thing no matter how niche the market.
    Why would you infer that? My point was that even if the APIs were available, that doesn't necessarily mean this particular app would be on this WebOS platform (which is still a niche). Not "no one would develop for a niche platform." Clearly, even though other platforms have robust sales and mic APIs available (e.g. Android), the Glee developer decided to go solely with the one with the most critical mass right now - iPhone.

    As for the semantics of official we can around and around about what the meaning of official is. However, you can go on record right now and say that Palm won't release the beta SDK to devs before the fall and in the fall Palm won't release the full version in a new software update. But I doubt you will. B/c we both know that Palm is not Adobe or Dataviz when it comes to releasing software updates.

    I'm just going by what was said at the dev conference. Palm has been pretty consistent about releasing updates and you know this.
    Why would I say that they won't release it? They have stated an intention to, and I have no reason to doubt that. Their intention, that is. Likewise, I have no reason to pretend that it is here or that is guaranteed to be here when Palm says it will be. Seeing is believing. When it is a part of the SDK, we can talk. Until then, nothing has changed.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    My point is that you said this...



    "[Mic] apis are now available"...

    Does not compute!!
    +2 million, sir. I mean, seriously...
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    My point is that you said this...



    "[Mic] apis are now available"...

    Does not compute!!
    Ok. How about this teach. mic api is not available as of yet but it will be when Palm releases the beta SDK to devs. Did I get that right or would you like proper tense when referring to the time of year that is equal to the setting in whihc the verb is properly conjugated.

    Proper verb conjugation, Adobe Flash 10.1, present tense=past tense, Austria starting WW1, first shall be last and last first, the parable of the fig tree, water is wet, 'a' before 'c' except after 'b', 1+1=3 except after you subtract 1 and whatever other stuff you were trying to say while trying to my make post seem wrong while teaching a english lesson at the same time doesn't compute.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  14.    #54  
    Playboy, he isn't "trying" to make your post seem wrong. It was wrong. Period.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Playboy, he isn't "trying" to make your post seem wrong. It was wrong. Period.
    That's why I love you Mikah. When I'm wrong you will call me on it. Sorry for saying that Palm would release the mic api in the beta SDK to devs. That's incorrect isn't it? Palm isn't releasing a beta SDK to devs with the apis are they? You know, it's like Flash 10.1 and Dataviz and that other software company that hasn't released something they promised.

    I'm just wrong. So wrong. I said the mic apis were available. How could I, being the newbie that I am have gotten the present tense and past tense confused? The horror. Sorry guys. No mic or camera apis from Palm b/c seeing is believing and there is no guarantee. You know, like seeing is believing from a couple of posts made in Dec about 3D gaming.
    Last edited by playboy; 04/26/2010 at 09:19 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  16.    #56  
    Gregory Hines and Sammy Davis Jr. would be proud, sir. Bravo.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions