Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mexclean View Post
    ...so I sound silly because I want a good product? ... As I said, I like WebOs, but they fooled us.
    No, you sound silly because either you're tremendously ignorant and don't know it, or have no concept of logic. To whit: Palm makes webOS, you like webOS, but yet you feel fooled. And that is because...there are some apps you want that you don't have and the mic api hasn't been written yet? But you like webOS? But Palm isn't supporting it (despite more frequent updates than any other company in the industry)? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?

Do you own a webOS device? Did you pay for it? Did you not get what you paid for? Was something promised to you that you don't have?

Dude, read more and type less, please.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I will agree that the music app is abysmal, try downloading Music Player Remix from Homebrew
    Plus 1 on that. It seems to run better.
    antonio, what about not being able to record video? Have you forgot how long it took for them to come up with the update? C'mon we didn't even have a decent facebook app. We don't have many decent apps, and palm is the company that started everything.
    Apple was bad about this with the Iphone. Im pretty sure the 3G still doesnt do Video?
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My Pre does everything I need/want from a smartphone, 10 months and the hardware has held up fine. If you are not happy with your phone, find something that suits you better and quit complaining.
    Got mine in October 09, dropped mehhh 6 times on concrete without case? No issues at all. I must be lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    No, you sound silly because either you're tremendously ignorant and don't know it, or have no concept of logic. To whit: Palm makes webOS, you like webOS, but yet you feel fooled. And that is because...there are some apps you want that you don't have and the mic api hasn't been written yet? But you like webOS? But Palm isn't supporting it (despite more frequent updates than any other company in the industry)? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?

Do you own a webOS device? Did you pay for it? Did you not get what you paid for? Was something promised to you that you don't have?

Dude, read more and type less, please.
    I got mine for 99 in October. I had to add another line to get it so another 20 bucks a month. Called sprint and they re-signed contract this month for 10 dollars cheaper. Im military so I get a discount. I pay 147 a month for a pre, and two blackberry curves. I paid 190 a month for two Iphones. I can customize the CRAP out of this phone. I have the 800mhz patch and an extended battery arriving today. I couldnt be happier. I thought about the HTC Evo but in the end, I love webos and so far my Pre has made the cut.
    The blackberry storm had a 60% return rate... though it had video.. you could barley answer a call due to major OS lag, memory leaks and accelerometer issues.

ps that 60% return rate was from a Poll on crackberry that a few hundred people responded to. And if you talk to a Verizon person (thats been there a while) they can say the Storm was a returns monster. Though it had Mic API's and Video... hardware issues and OS issues GALORE! I can say with 100% confidence that the Pre and Palm launched a more solid phone then the Billion dollar RIM did with the Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    This is an utterly worthless thread.
    Nobody is forcing you to read it. Or respond to it. I can understand having minor issues at initial launch. But having major problems and an unfinished phone a year after it's release is pathetic.
    palm fanatics, just tell me why is it that palm is going down the drain? I guess you guys like a platform that does not have support from major developers. It sucks having to use itunes to load music on the device. And many of the updates were released to fix bugs.
    And most of those updates introduced more bugs than they fixed.
    I think these kids just like hearing themselves. Move along you bring nothing important to the table. Cnote might have a few points but you sir are wasting your time.
  10.    #30  
    okay billy, are you happy with the pre? Think about it and don't lie, is the pre really what you expected?
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Its true. to say how "good" a product is, you have to look at it from the viewpoint of a normal consumer, not from your own techy viewpoint if i may.
    For example, if my mom bought a pre, i would not expect her to
    1) find precentral
    2) download wosqi
    3) install a bunch of patches
    4) read up on the latest things (such as the 800mhz patch)

my mom btw is a quick learner when it comes to technology, however she does not have the time or the need to sit online for hours reading about patches. As fun as it is for us, its a chore for everyone else

most ppl want a phone that they can turn on, and it works. anything short of that will be returned.
    Which is why the iPhone is so popular. It does not do anything impressive by today's standards, but the things it does, it does very well. It is fast, has an elegant interface (for it's time), and is rock-solid reliable. It is not the beauty or elegance of the interface that sells phones, because if it was, the Pre would be #1. It is useability, support, user base, and reliability. The Pre lacks in all of these departments. Yes, it's nice to have 3 apps all running at the same time. It's also true that most people don't care about that.
    mex... go get an iPhone.. i have to agree.. it's a GREAT phone. It's made for the "masses" and it's rock solid because of that. It's dummy Proof and thats why Apple is doing so good it makes "normal" people understand and and NOT scared of Tech. Not being sarcastic at all... but get an iPhone you will love it. I think it's a great phone but just not my style.

That being said i do agree with you in some parts. Palm is way behind in making this dummy proof. But they will get there eventually.. Took Apple YEARS just to get video recording.. And YEARS to get MMS.... YEARS. I can tell by most of your posts you are ****ed... Relax This OS is basically 10 months old.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    Nobody is forcing you to read it. Or respond to it. I can understand having minor issues at initial launch. But having major problems and an unfinished phone a year after it's release is pathetic.
    Personally, I'd like it if the phone is never finished. The constant updates is what will keep it viable with other competeing products.

I realize the a "never ending competitive Pre" is an unrealistic expectation, but so far, they're keeping up with the new devices reasonably well. They are still selling new Pres and Pixis a year later. That says something.
    This thread may have run its course.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post

i agree
  16.    #36  
    I'm just saying that palm should have come out with a better product, have you all forgotten the problems and bugs on the phone? OTA, so you all like everything over the air? It's been a hassle having to have everything on the cloud, I had to restore my phone once, and all my contacts had disappeared from the cloud. So many simple things that palm could do to do the phone better they didn't.
    Funny, the Pre is better than my Curve 8330 or my wife's 8530. Those are big sell phones. Also, I hooked my phone up to my PC, threw it into USB mode, and opened up Windows Media Player 11. Recognizes my device immediately, and I synced quite a few songs to my Pre. Why do I need iTunes again?

Further, just how many apps do you really feel are missing? Seriously? Name them. Maybe there's a handful of needs, like full fledged Docs To Go, and some other niche programs that some folks love, but there are plenty of apps in just about every category available.

The phone is also number 15 on Amazon's top selling list, and is the second highest rated phone from customer reviews. It's been in the top 20 in sales for months, with a good run in the top 10. I see more of the crappier semi-smart phones running around than I do iPhones. The most widely seen smart phone, for me, are the BB's, and this phone is better than most of those in terms of feel form and function. Build quality depends on the BB. I swear my wife's new 8530 feels cheaper than either of our 8330's did, and feels cheaper than my Pre.

Palm has constantly been releasing updates to WebOS. No other phone company has done as much, and they are still further along, with a much more immature OS, than Android in most areas. Even the iPhone is trying to catch up to WebOS in some areas. Perhaps what some of you really need is to just switch phones. Either you will find the experience is more in your taste, or you will find that you made a horrible mistake. Either way, you'll know.
    I am very unhappy. I love the phone, but the GPS is next to awful. Can't get any word from Palm on whether this issue will ever be addressed. A company fighting for its life should at least be able to offer decent customer service.
    I'm just saying that palm should have come out with a better product, have you all forgotten the problems and bugs on the phone? OTA, so you all like everything over the air? It's been a hassle having to have everything on the cloud, I had to restore my phone once, and all my contacts had disappeared from the cloud. So many simple things that palm could do to do the phone better they didn't.
    I don't think anyone is ever going to deny that Palm "should" have come out with a better product.

The question though, is could they have come out with a better product? At the time the Pre was announced, Palm was on the ropes as a company. If they had not announced when they did, most agree they would have gone under. Palm announced the Pre to come out within 6 months. They made that deadline, but used just about every bit of it. Most agree that after announcing it when they did, had they waited longer, they would have been in major trouble, and probably would not have survived.

So, if they had to announce when they did, and then had to deliver when they did, the only question that remains is, did they release the best product they could in that amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    i agree
    <<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12