1.    #1  
    I bought a Seidio 2600 extended battery last fall, and used it with no problems. I developed the USB port crack, and decided to go back to the original battery with a Touchstone to charge (to avoid USB cracks on my replacement Pre). Now I'm about to go on a trip where I'll be in airports and such for extended periods, and I want to benefit from the long life of the 2600, so I put the 2600 battery and backplate on my Pre. It works fine, except that when I plug into the USB port to charge, I do not get the nighttime "sleep" screen with the time displayed in large characters. Depending on whether I turn the screen off with the button at upper right of the screen, I either just have a black screen, or the regular Pre screen (the indicator shows that the battery is charging, and it does in fact charge).

Is there any way to make the display function as it should while charging? If I go ahead and use the Pre in this way, are there any risks? Any similar experiences or advice? I've tried a search,but there are so many threads on battery and other relevant keywords it seems hopeless to find my question.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    That screen behavior (displaying time) comes from being on the Touchstone.
    Other charging scenarios (usb port) have the screen turned off.
    I would imagine it's possible to patch the behavior so that on ANY charging you'd get the time display rather than the display being turned off. Toss a request in the Patches forum.
  3.    #3  
    Ooooh, I've been using the Touchstone so long I'd forgotten that wasn't just a normal charging behavior!!! Thanks, wanted to make sure I didn't have some sort of problem.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre