Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Hey all,

I installed the 800MHz ipk last Sunday. At first the speed was incredible, I was extremely happy with my phone. For some odd reason battery life improved vastly. I went from 8-10% drain per hour to 1-2% per hour.

After a few days the phone went back to it's normal speed. Today it's slow like molasses, took 6 seconds to open the calendar while no other app was running.
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    Clear Call History / Browsing History and restart your phone. Let me know if that helps.
    put your flame suit on...
    Some people also suggested disabling backups, but keep in mind that if you turn them off and doctor your phone you will have to manually enter all accounts and re-download apps.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Clear Call History / Browsing History and restart your phone. Let me know if that helps.
    Looks like that did the trick

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post
    Looks like that did the trick

Thanks!
    I'm curious, how big was your call log?
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    Didn't know about that trick. That helps.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I'm curious, how big was your call log?
    About a month or 2 old? It wasn't that big, I mostly text.
    i just realized i've never cleared my call log since getting the phone (nov)...gonna do that and reset....hopefully that works for me too
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    i just realized i've never cleared my call log since getting the phone (nov)...gonna do that and reset....hopefully that works for me too

Keeping a clean conversation history I've noticed helps too.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Some people also suggested disabling backups, but keep in mind that if you turn them off and doctor your phone you will have to manually enter all accounts and re-download apps.
    It will still automatically download your apps. It did for me after erasing my backup and doctoring twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    clear call history / browsing history and restart your phone. Let me know if that helps.
    where is clear call history?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    go to phone call list, open prefs and tap clear call history.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    always restart ur phone 1st before asking for help.
    Really?