1.    #1  
    I bought my Pre Plus last Friday afternoon. I let it charge overnight and took it off the charger about 9:30 on Saturday morning. I fiddled around with it a bit, but didn't have much stuff running on it. By noon it was already down to 58% battery life. I was freaking out b/c that is pretty horrible. Normally, I leave for work at 6:30 in the morning and get home about 6 or 7 in the evening, so I was thinking the battery life just wouldn't be acceptable. However, it seems that the battery actually got better after a couple days. When I left work the past few days I still had about 75% battery life, and that was with some time spent playing on it. So far, I'm fine with the battery life. I think I'll definitely need a car charger, just to be on the safe side, but it seems that with regular use it does fine. It definitely uses more battery that the flip phones I'm used to, but what do you expect when you have an actual computer crammed into a cell phone?
    A couple of things
    1. A lot of people have reported the same experience you've had. That after the phone runs for a while, it does a better job of managing it's battery. I don't know why this behavior exists, but you'll discover that this will happen again after a WebOS update. The first few days after the update, the battery life will be terrible. Then it will get better.
    2. The biggest thing that impacts my battery life is signal strength. I have very poor sprint signal at work and no wifi available. As a result, I keep a touchstone at work so that my phone can stay charged. At home, I have decent sprint signal but I also have wifi. At work, I need the touchstone or I'll run out of battery before I head home. At home, I can easily get through the day with plenty of life left when I go to bed.

If you have good signal strength (or wifi) where you are, then you should expect very good battery life.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    A couple of things
    1. A lot of people have reported the same experience you've had. That after the phone runs for a while, it does a better job of managing it's battery. I don't know why this behavior exists, but you'll discover that this will happen again after a WebOS update. The first few days after the update, the battery life will be terrible. Then it will get better.
    2. The biggest thing that impacts my battery life is signal strength. I have very poor sprint signal at work and no wifi available. As a result, I keep a touchstone at work so that my phone can stay charged. At home, I have decent sprint signal but I also have wifi. At work, I need the touchstone or I'll run out of battery before I head home. At home, I can easily get through the day with plenty of life left when I go to bed.

If you have good signal strength (or wifi) where you are, then you should expect very good battery life.
    Ah, maybe that explains it. I updated my phone right before I went to bed on Friday night.
    early on upon release on Sprint it was common knowledge that it took a few cycles for the battery to 'break-in' by as much as 20% improvement.

Also, if "fiddling-around" includes 3D gaming, be aware that most of those games are power hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    It definitely uses more battery that the flip phones I'm used to, but what do you expect when you have an actual computer crammed into a cell phone?
    One of the most reasonable and intelligent comments I've seen on this forum in a while .

If you use it as a computer (i.e. screen, web, streaming music/data) then it will definitely consume the battery quickly. As others have said, continuously searching for a signal will also chew up battery (if you know you're in a place with no signal, like an office, then you should consider turning off the cell radio). I also find that keeping the screen brightness low helps with battery life. The Pre is a little battery-challenged because they've stuffed it into such a small package that there's no room for a good sized battery ... but that's the trade off for a very "pocketable" smart phone.