Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Woke up with a full battery 100%.
    (1) 42 Min Phone call w/bluetooth. Got off the phone, battery was at 92%
    I then turned off bluetooth, made sure gps was off, put screen brightness to 5% and let the phone alone for an hour....now its at 66%!! ***

How bad is your battery precentral?
    Were you in a spotty coverage area? Driving?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    if your phone is warm even while you're not using it, then something is continuously running in the background and draining the battery. could be a bad evdo signal. or check jstop.
    specifically why I hate cdma lol
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Woke up with a full battery 100%.
    (1) 42 Min Phone call w/bluetooth. Got off the phone, battery was at 92%
    I then turned off bluetooth, made sure gps was off, put screen brightness to 5% and let the phone alone for an hour....now its at 66%!! ***

How bad is your battery precentral?
    Vick Vick Vick Vick Vick, June can't come soon enough, right?
    I'm wondering if a patch is affecting the readout, and you were actually lower than 92% after a 42 minute call on BT. BT saps the battery, and a 42 minute call seems like it would have done more than 8%.

I'm not overly suprised at 66% in 2 hours, when almost an hour of the two was on a call, using BT.
    my battery is bad...but turning ON wi-fi when it's available seems to be the key for me. i live in a rural area and my signal carry vary widely.
    I agree on the bluetooth.. it is amazing how fast your battery goes down on bluetooth.

There have been other times that something has caused my battery to drain quickly, and a restart is usually needed to stop it. I wish we had visibility to the real CPU usage of processes running inside Luna.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm wondering if a patch is affecting the readout, and you were actually lower than 92% after a 42 minute call on BT. BT saps the battery, and a 42 minute call seems like it would have done more than 8%.

I'm not overly suprised at 66% in 2 hours, when almost an hour of the two was on a call, using BT.
    That's possible. It's at a steady 65% now...maybe that 92% was a false reading...but even with that it's still quite poor...
    That's about 17% drain per hour (dph), which would be about 5h52m of battery life.

If I have Wifi on, I can get as low as 1.9% dph when my phone is sitting idle.
    But if I use the phone at all, it jumps pretty high, pretty fast. The worst I get when I'm using the device is around 29% dph. Of course, I'm overclocked to 800MHz so that has an impact.

Is your Pre running on the stock clockspeed or are you overclocking at all?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    That's about 17% drain per hour (dph), which would be about 5h52m of battery life.

If I have Wifi on, I can get as low as 1.9% dph when my phone is sitting idle.
    But if I use the phone at all, it jumps pretty high, pretty fast. The worst I get when I'm using the device is around 29% dph. Of course, I'm overclocked to 800MHz so that has an impact.

Is your Pre running on the stock clockspeed or are you overclocking at all?
    i'm patched, but no overclocking patch
    I do have that battery monitor app. Do you need to leave it running to get stats?
    I leave battery monitor running whenever I'm not charging. Charging throws off the stats. I wish there was a way for the app to detect that charging is happening and reset the stats automatically after it comes off of a charge.

In any case, yeah by leaving it running all the time, I get a better idea of what my battery life looks like on the different conditions that I have. I recommend this for everyone.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Vick Vick Vick Vick Vick, June can't come soon enough, right?
    haha June OR September..I'm waiting for more info on WP7
    that xbox live integration looks sickkk
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    my battery is bad...but turning ON wi-fi when it's available seems to be the key for me. i live in a rural area and my signal carry vary widely.
    that's the way CDMA operates
    sucks the heck out of your battery

having wifi significantly saves your batter
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    .........significantly saves your batter
    Can i use what's left over for pancakes?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Actually, mine started draining today at an alarming rate, as well. It ran very hot in my pocket for a while. It started cooling off when I put it into airplane mode, but that sort of negates the use of the phone. I'm currently running the battery monitor while it's on my touchstone, and it's charging up, but the drain per hour is reading at 39%. Anyone else experiencing this today? Any idea why?

(oh, and I'm using my company's WiFi connection, so it's not that)
    Me too. My battery is draining worse everyday. How are those extended batteries? Are they worth investing in?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Can i use what's left over for pancakes?
    mm

only for french toast. Sorry about your luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKraemer View Post
    Actually, mine started draining today at an alarming rate, as well. It ran very hot in my pocket for a while. It started cooling off when I put it into airplane mode, but that sort of negates the use of the phone. I'm currently running the battery monitor while it's on my touchstone, and it's charging up, but the drain per hour is reading at 39%. Anyone else experiencing this today? Any idea why?

(oh, and I'm using my company's WiFi connection, so it's not that)
    It will say you have -% drain. Only run the battery app when its not charging...see above post.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    mm

only for french toast. Sorry about your luck.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast