1.    #1  
    Okay, perhaps an overdramatic title, but I finally got around to installing the 800 MHz kernel alongside the CPU scaling app, and it really is like using a different phone.

First, I am using a launch day Pre from Sprint.

Second, I installed 800 MHz using WebOS QI and the free scaling application (set to run at 125 --> 800).

My phone did freeze the first night after using this configuration. The second night I switched to 500 --> 800 before going to sleep and it worked fine. I will have to play around and see if the first night was a glitch or if that was the first time that it scaled all the way down and it couldn't handle it.

Menus and general navigation are so much faster.

Perhaps most importantly, 3D gaming is a whole new experience. I almost never get the "Too Many Cards" error and unlike before, I can go from a game to e-mail and back to the game with no problems and very limited lag.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to bring these advancements to this device! Hopefully Palm will officially embrace these in a future update.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    800Mhz for President, 2012!!!
    800mhz makes palm look bad this phone is now amazing with this little trick. It makes the whole experience just incredible and it's sad palm couldn't provide that experience we had to have two hackers do it for us.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by mypreindc View Post
    Okay, perhaps an overdramatic title, but I finally got around to installing the 800 MHz kernel alongside the CPU scaling app, and it really is like using a different phone.

First, I am using a launch day Pre from Sprint.

Second, I installed 800 MHz using WebOS QI and the free scaling application (set to run at 125 --> 800).

My phone did freeze the first night after using this configuration. The second night I switched to 500 --> 800 before going to sleep and it worked fine. I will have to play around and see if the first night was a glitch or if that was the first time that it scaled all the way down and it couldn't handle it.

Menus and general navigation are so much faster.

Perhaps most importantly, 3D gaming is a whole new experience. I almost never get the "Too Many Cards" error and unlike before, I can go from a game to e-mail and back to the game with no problems and very limited lag.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to bring these advancements to this device! Hopefully Palm will officially embrace these in a future update.
    where can i download free scaling application 500 --> 800 ??? Preware ???