1.    #1  
    I went from my 755 to the pixi. I was told the ONLY differences were size, wifi, and camera, which i rarely use so i thought the the pixi was a steal. Its an amazing phone for 49.99. Researching this site, i noticed that theres alot more differences. About 90% of apps that ive installed do not seem to work correctly on the pixi and are intended for the pre. Im still within the 30 days to return the phone for the pre BUT I NEED ADVISE. The pixi is more responsive than the pre but im not sure if that changes after the pre update & overclock. Honestly, i see more complaints about the pre especially after 1.4.1.1 came out, called sprint and the rep said the pre tends to break on the slider. My brother has had the pre for a couple of months now and the center button doesnt work the same as he has to swipe his finger on it a couple of times for it to work.

I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE THE PRE LESS THAN THE PIXI, BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE MORE ISSUES WITH THE PRE. JUST WANT TO KNOW IF PRE OVERCLOCK IS STABLE, 1.4.1.1. UPDATE ON PRE IS STILL GLITCHY ESPECIALLY WITH PREWARE APPS AS I HAVE READ THE PRE RESTARTS ITSELF. IS IT WORTH THE SWITCH??
    Switch now. It's worth it. 800MHz is stable and 1.4.1 is stable too for the most time of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Switch now. It's worth it. 800MHz is stable and 1.4.1 is stable too for the most time of the day.
    Ditto the above, I'm running 800MHz, which make it sweet.

I never use the hard button, as swiping will do the same. It's instinctive.

Go for it, the Pre is working OK now.

You will always find complaints about the latest update.

I bet you $5 that in a few months when we are all on 1.5 etc, you will find posts saying "how do I get back to 1.4.1.1, it worked much better for me"
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I am running the 720MHz patch because it is the best compromise of battery and speed. Had the 800MHz patch before, but I am a heavy user. So pre was empty before the day ended. With the 720MHz patch I am a more than happy pre user..

Either way you are deciding.. The pre will make you happy I guess..
    Go with the Pre, I can't believe that Cust Serv Rep said that - and do you really believe anything the Cust Serv Reps say anyway - if so, you haven't dealt with many especially on a phone specific request. And the button - I used it religiously at the beginning, and now could do without it - swipes do everything.

But the question is really size and specifically screen size - I had Centro - this was like going to big screen tv - size and clarity aren't comparable, would never go back or downsize. The size is great for pocket, you still have a keyboard - not to mention wifi and other features.

Run to the store - its a wise move.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    If you consider yourself hard on your phone, stick with the pixi. Those users that are hard on the pre and expect it to take abuse are the main ones complaining about hardware issues. I've dropped mine twice on the pavement and it just has some minor scratches, I was lucky though as many others have not been. While I agree with many the hardware is not the most durable or of the highest quality, it is still decent to me and that's after 3700+ hours, 34gigs downloaded, 58000 minutes in calls, 2 hard drops all in the last 5 months since I bought my pre and no replacements. My phone goes everywhere with me and that's in my pocket with just the cheap screen protector. It's not a crappy phone if your not to abusive with your gear.

I'd take the pre just cuz it has the better chip set and screen, pixi better kb and umm...idk, more durable.

Bottom line, trade up for the pre it's worth it, even without doing any patching.
    Last edited by bdog421; 04/15/2010 at 08:14 AM.
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the quick replies. I saw on community sprint that so many people are on the there 3rd and 4th pre in just a few months and thats what worries me. its just hard to say whether its abuse. what makes me want to switch is the apps not being compatible with the pixi.

is there a video comparison on the pre to pixi after the 800oc. i wont be having more than 4 to 5 max cards running and most videos show the pixi more responsive at that level.

Also, if a patch or overclock ruin the phone and i try to get a replacement, can sprint see the patch or overclock and decide to not give me a replacement?