1.    #1  
    Oops double posting
    Last edited by palmviking; 04/15/2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Slow computer
    YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!!

Palm Pre
    Bell Mobility

Patches: 4x4Iconsv1, Add Date MM/DD,Default to Month View, Device Warning Temperatures, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Glass Effect, More Reminder Times, SMS to Two Seconds, Unhide Dev Mode, Unthrottle Download Manager
  2.    #2  
    So...I'm picking my first replacement after my Pre bricked about 2 weeks ago. I've had this phone since October. I have no idea what caused it to brick, as I only had a couple of minor patches on it (battery percentage, date field). Towards the end, it would feeze breifly for a few seconds, then abruptly shut off. It would restart ok. Did this about 3 or 4 times thorough out the day. The last time it did it, I attempted to restart it, it would boot up to the logo, sit there with the logo flashing, and then blink off and go through the restart again. No amount of battery pulls would cure it. Doctoring did nothing, although I had a heck of a time getting it to start the process. I finally gave up and brought it in to Bell. I was a little nervous, because they were saying that it could take up to a month or more to get a replacement.
    The phone also hads its issues that are rampant throughout the forums, Oreo effect, blown speaker, hard to push power button (the eraser trick fixed that problem easily), and the occasional phone stuck in earpiece mode.
    So, I'm hoping that there will be no problems with my new phone. I hated the POS loaner they gave me, a Motorola Q. This thing was terrible for dropping calls

Palm Pre
    Bell Mobility

Patches: 4x4Iconsv1, Add Date MM/DD,Default to Month View, Device Warning Temperatures, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Glass Effect, More Reminder Times, SMS to Two Seconds, Unhide Dev Mode, Unthrottle Download Manager
  3.    #3  
    So I picked up my replacement today and all seems to be fine with it except.....While I was there we tried to set up the phone. When we got to the part of downloading my profile, it would log in and attempt to dowload. It would sit there wth the status bar, and then after a few minutes, it would come up with an error saying the download failed. We tried a few times no success. The store rep (he has a Pre also) then phoned Bell tech and explained the problem to them. They in turn phoned Palm tech to see what was going on. Palm tech said they found a "switching" problem with there servers and it would take anywheres from 1 to 24 hours to fix. GRRRR!!!! New phone and I still cant use it. Anyone else encounter this problem today? Is this strictly a North ofthe border problem?

Palm Pre
    Bell Mobility

triple posting lol