Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    While I still own a Palm Pre mainly because I don't want to use my upgrade for the Hero and I'm waiting for the Evo. The thing with Android is that it takes longer to get used to everything, but after you do I promisse you will not want to go back to WebOS. I mean its great but all those little features that are missing and annoy most of us are there and it seems like anything I wanted to do I when I was trying the hero for a couple weeks I was able to do. Just know that at the first glance android seems so busy and complicated but really it isn't after you play with it. I can honestly challange anyone to try a Hero for 2 weeks and you'll see that you will not really care to go back to the Pre, however when you pick it up at first you will say this is crap. I'm talking from personal experiance. Hey look how successful android has become. Don't you think there is a reason for that.
    welcome to windows mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    [url= Confirms Ad-Share Deals on Search (Phone Scoop)[/url]

Ah, blatant misinformation. Just to shoot more holes in the above nonsense, consider that AT&T is acquiring five Android handsets this year, yet has a search deal with Yahoo.
    Nope I just checked. My Android device still sucks next to webOS.
    Nice try at tapdancing around being wrong about Android being popular due to payoffs.
    That's not even tapdancing around it. That's taking the paper out of his Pre's battery compartment, sticking it in his ears, then burying his head in the sand.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    So? You do, however, admit that you have had the problem which is unacceptable. That battery cover also causes the phone to just shut off in pockets if you put a little pressure on the device, nothing crazy, but I've had it happen a BUNCH of times until I put paper in my Pre.

I honestly can say I hate the Pre, but I love WebOS so I'll stick around until either they announce something else that hopefully is better built than this or Palm dies out (which I hope doesn't happen).

I've tried using the Hero, great build.... crappy OS.
    I didn't say it was acceptable dude, in fact I said it was a real problem and went on to share my experience.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I mean its great but all those little features that are missing and annoy most of us are there and it seems like anything I wanted to do I when I was trying the hero for a couple weeks I was able to do.
    Personally it was the other way round for me. I dumped my Samsung Galaxy for a Palm Pre and suddenly discovered all those limitations I experienced on Android were gone.

However, I do appreciate the Samsung Galaxy was/is an Android 1.5 device and Android as an OS has moved on since then, significantly so.
    so basically, everyone agrees that suggesting to someone who bought a new product to jerry rig it to get it working is ridiculous?

sweet. it's settled. thread closed.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No need to. Palm fixed this issue a while ago. The Pre that OP is talking about must have been a very old one.
    My supervisor at work got a palm pre, a 'new' one with the foam tab. His 'occasionally' shut off on him when sliding it shut. We put electrical tape in there behind the battery pull thing where the foam is to make it tighter. So, no, palm did not 'fix' it 100% unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queueyou View Post
    My supervisor at work got a palm pre, a 'new' one with the foam tab. His 'occasionally' shut off on him when sliding it shut. We put electrical tape in there behind the battery pull thing where the foam is to make it tighter. So, no, palm did not 'fix' it 100% unfortunately.
    Sorry to hear that

It used to be a much more talked about issue a while ago. I haven't really seen any complaints here about that issue in the past six months or so...
    If you would be ****ed off at a working suggestion then I would think you must have a very stressful life and you should try to relax. Of course it depends on how the salesperson went about it. Having done sales for a long time if the phone had been taken to me with that issue my response would have been.

"I'm sorry the phone is randomly restarting on you, there are a couple choices at this point. I am happy to switch that out with different phone of the same type, which we seem to be out of stock at the moment. Alternately we can switch it for a totally different phone, or I can show you a quick fix for that as it is a very simple problem that should at least last you until we can get more of this model back in stock"

Now I can understand being mad if the salesman said something like "Ahh man, naw that aint no thing just wedge that ***** with some paper and you be alright." Especially if they tried to actively talk you out of a replacement but just offering the solution is far from a valid reason for being angry. The salesman didn't screw the phone up...

But from the sound of the post you sound like one of those customers who likes to yell and scream at the person trying to help them. (if I am projecting here and off base then forgive me but I have been dealing with customers like that all day today)
    Last edited by Necroscope; 04/15/2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: grammar/punctuation
    Used to happen to me... doesnt happen anymore after i put the touchstone cover on
    Perhaps there is something to be said for a none removable battery.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Perhaps there is something to be said for a none removable battery.
    I don't EVER have a need to replace my battery, so ya I agree.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I don't EVER have a need to replace my battery, so ya I agree.
    Are you being sarcastic? I'd have thought having a spare, charged battery, is a must for any Pre owner!

My Pre also has the little piece of foam btw and as mentioned, it's turned off on me when closing it shut.
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    *** if i have to return my pixi to a store cuz of the artifacts i wont get another one?
    LOL!!
    You must really be on a tight budget. This late in the game, if I was in your position, I'd be asking if I could return my Pixi to get my money back so I can buy the HTC Incredible.

WebOS be darned.
    If the build quality is good, the hardware is superior, the feature set is outstanding, the company is solvent with BILLIONS of cash AND pushing the OS forward like there is no tomorrow....you'd have to ask yourself why the heck would you WANT another Pixi...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Are you being sarcastic? I'd have thought having a spare, charged battery, is a must for any Pre owner!

My Pre also has the little piece of foam btw and as mentioned, it's turned off on me when closing it shut.
    Laze, I simply bought a larger capacity battery and use my Tstone. No problemo. Then again, the TS likes to act up and kill the battery by never stopping the charge but thats a whole nother TS/Software issue. I just remove it from the charger when its at 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What patches/homebrew do you have installed?

The artifacts are definitely a software issue. Did you try using WebOS Doctor on your phone to see if it fixes the issue?
    nah i havent dr'd it because it started before i started to use patches and homebrews

so i know its not it

they appear when it gets hot and stays hot around 39-40c
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    LOL!!
    You must really be on a tight budget. This late in the game, if I was in your position, I'd be asking if I could return my Pixi to get my money back so I can buy the HTC Incredible.

WebOS be darned.
    If the build quality is good, the hardware is superior, the feature set is outstanding, the company is solvent with BILLIONS of cash AND pushing the OS forward like there is no tomorrow....you'd have to ask yourself why the heck would you WANT another Pixi...lol
    im a broke college student in a recession so yeah

but i can make sacrifices lol if needed
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    LOL!!

WebOS be darned.
    and you mean EVO 4g right? im on sprint

id love verizon but so expensive but sprint is cheaper
    why would anyone promote this cheap phone?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast