Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I read, some time ago, that putting the paper in the battery compartment increased the risk of fire.
    ok so it went from .0000001% to .0000002%
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I did this to fix the issue, but it REALLY saddens me that a device has such shoddy manufacturing that it is even required.

Android sucks IMO when compared to WebOS, but I promise you that guy will be 100% happier with the build of the Hero than the Pre.

My Pre is weathered with just very light use, it is a terribly built phone. Even if I am the exception I know more than a few people who have similar issues so it is much larger than people here seem to acknowledge.

Here is for hoping Palm is able to put out a properly built device and stay alive.

I mean I've gone through 3 xbox 360's too because MS built them terribly, but every single one was replaced 100% for free and I didn't have to pay a dime for shipping. Palm hasn't even addressed many of the issues that most Pre owners have to deal with on a daily basis. So much for making people think Chinese products are of superior quality...
    don't feel bad he got a better phone, the hero really is great but I'm waiting for the evo
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    don't feel bad he got a better phone, the hero really is great but I'm waiting for the evo
    I seriously doubt the hero to be better in any way other than build quality based on my playing with it
    even tho pre was better he didnt leave with a crappy phone
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Maybe I'm being unrealistic but I have some standards for new products I buy that don't include playing McGyver just to make them work...
    lol. Funny 'cause it TRUE!
    Let's face it but the Pre hardware and build is supbar, otherwise I would not be on my 6th replacement since launch. I recommended the Pre to my system admin and it latsed 2 weeks with him, now he walks around with a Hero and he is very happy. And people wonder why Palm is in trouble.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Loose battery. It's a real problem. It only happens to me when I close my Pre with force. In fact it's only happened three times in the six months+ I've owned mine.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    this is one of my favorite threads right now
    this is one of my favorite threads right now
    Quote Originally Posted by richardschris View Post
    So I work for radioshack and i have always been a proud supporter of palm and 3 days ago i sold a guy the pre. Guy came back today and wanted to return it, i asked him why and he said because everytime he closes the slider the phone restarts. So i checked it out and he was right.
    Normally i would have exchanged it for him but since it seems that we are not going to carry the pre anymore, i was out of stock. So I had to give the guy the hero. Sad day
    Anyone else have any similiar experiences?
    omg the sky is falling lol
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Loose battery. It's a real problem. It only happens to me when I close my Pre with force. In fact it's only happened three times in the six months+ I've owned mine.
    So? You do, however, admit that you have had the problem which is unacceptable. That battery cover also causes the phone to just shut off in pockets if you put a little pressure on the device, nothing crazy, but I've had it happen a BUNCH of times until I put paper in my Pre.

I honestly can say I hate the Pre, but I love WebOS so I'll stick around until either they announce something else that hopefully is better built than this or Palm dies out (which I hope doesn't happen).

I've tried using the Hero, great build.... crappy OS.
    *** if i have to return my pixi to a store cuz of the artifacts i wont get another one?
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    *** if i have to return my pixi to a store cuz of the artifacts i wont get another one?
    What patches/homebrew do you have installed?

The artifacts are definitely a software issue. Did you try using WebOS Doctor on your phone to see if it fixes the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I seriously doubt the hero to be better in any way other than build quality based on my playing with it
    While I still own a Palm Pre mainly because I don't want to use my upgrade for the Hero and I'm waiting for the Evo. The thing with Android is that it takes longer to get used to everything, but after you do I promisse you will not want to go back to WebOS. I mean its great but all those little features that are missing and annoy most of us are there and it seems like anything I wanted to do I when I was trying the hero for a couple weeks I was able to do. Just know that at the first glance android seems so busy and complicated but really it isn't after you play with it. I can honestly challange anyone to try a Hero for 2 weeks and you'll see that you will not really care to go back to the Pre, however when you pick it up at first you will say this is crap. I'm talking from personal experiance. Hey look how successful android has become. Don't you think there is a reason for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by charles77k View Post
    Wouldn't it be kind of embarassing to "recommend" stuffing paper in the phone to see if it would fix the shutting off issue? I'm a big Palm/webOS fan but if I was a customer with this issue and the salesman suggested that to me I would be ****ed off.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Precisely. Android a clusterf*** of an experience, but don't worry you'll get used to it.
    haha, its funny how people feel they have to trash another OS because they own a different one. I own WebOS and its great when you just get the phone, but Android is great too and just because you don't own it or have given it a change doesn't mean it sucks. People like you are just ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    haha, its funny how people feel they have to trash another OS because they own a different one. I own WebOS and its great when you just get the phone, but Android is great too and just because you don't own it or have given it a change doesn't mean it sucks. People like you are just ignorant.
    No. This is born of experience otherwise I would't have an opinion. And how would you know, anyway? Do you follow me around?

There's a reason they PAY carriers to use it.Fine if you like it but it is the worst platform since winmo.

The platform has its advantages but you are very honest with the fact that Android is more something you learn to like.
    Last edited by foosball; 04/15/2010 at 09:15 AM.
    So wait... you're saying your Radio Shack now has one Pre in stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    No. This is born of experience otherwise I would't have an opinion. And how would you know, anyway? Do you follow me around?

There's a reason they PAY carriers to use it.
    Google Confirms Ad-Share Deals on Search (Phone Scoop)

Ah, blatant misinformation. Just to shoot more holes in the above nonsense, consider that AT&T is acquiring five Android handsets this year, yet has a search deal with Yahoo.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast