1.    #1  
    I was just in the sprint store today swapping out my 3rd Pre (Volume Icon Bug) and I couldn't help but notice that there was no trace of the Pre anywhere. The Pre that is normally on display was removed, as was the card that describes its features. If it weren't for the solitary Pre case on the shelf, you wouldn't know this store new it existed.

The Pixi however was very prominent. There was a pixi commercial on continuous loop. The Pixi was on display for customers to play around with (i never noticed how nice it is), and it was at the placed at the front of Sprints ads for messaging phones and smartphones.

seems to me like they've gotten rid of their pre's and don't want to order anymore now their working on gettin rid of the pixi...

maybe i'm just paranoid...
    I don't think you're paranoid but I think you're reading into things too much. I do that quite often myself. I was at the corporate Sprint store in Boulder, CO just yesterday and Pre was still on display right in front of the entrance. I saw that they had plenty of boxes of it in stock as well. So... Sprint isn't giving up on Pre.

If a store runs out of a model they probably take them off of display until they receive new shipment. In the case of Pre, they may not receive a new shipment or they may indeed be waiting until the rumored new Pre+/Pre2 comes in.
    noticed they have removed them at two of my local sprint stores. they said they had too many returns due to hardware failure so maybe thats the reason behind it...
    The phone will be a year old in 6 weeks.

It's the natural cycle for the carrier to move on to pushing new phones eventually.

Maybe the question is will they be pushing a new Palm device soon?
    Same thing at my Sprint store...no Pre in sight, but the Pixi was on full display in the Palm section. There wasn't even a sign near the Pixi showing the Pre at all.
    probably because it's soon to be a year old, they have other phones to sell other than pre. And it doesn't help that people on this forum have return them 6+ lol, i'm on my 3rd but that's because i broke the screen on my last one and my first one had bad oreo. but 3rd times a charm i hope lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    They haven't given up on it, but they're definitely not pushing it. My local guy said it was hot for a couple of weeks, but the fever died out pretty quickly. Now it's just another phone on the shelves.
    Verizon
    well I was telling a person last week about the palm pre and showing them how great webos is. And today I found out that she went and got a palm pre FROM SPRINT. I live in cincinnati,ohio
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Was just in the sprint corporate store here in des moines yesterday and they didnt have a single pre out. They had a spot for it and one turned off in the case that looked untouched sitting next to the cases but no displays.

I can see why though its not the sturdiest phone out there and display models take so much abuse it probably just broke. I was at another sprint store in the mall last week and they had one on display with a big crack by the power/data connector.
    I was in my Sprint store yesterday getting my wife's Pixi exchanged because it was stuck in headphones mode. (And yes, I did follow several instructions found in several threads concerning headset mode. I could never get it out of headset mode.) The Sprint rep was very cordial and swapped out the Pixi with no fuss, but it was the last Pixi he had in the store.

While he was getting my wife set up on the new Pixi I walked around the store. There was a Pre display area, but the Pre phone was not there. There was a Pixi phone on display, however.
    The Pre's still the best/latest Palm WebOS device, but old by wireless standards since it's > 6mos old. Sprint's probably just pushing the newer Andriod devices until the next WebOS device is released.
    if they havent given up, they sure arent spending money advertising on them. they rather spend money attracting iphone and ipad owners recently and sell ipad products like this nice looking case. The other phone manufacturers they sell must be thinking, 'what the f?!"

Sprint's snazzy, speedy 4G iPad case

New Sprint ad shows iPhone using WiMAX... via Overdrive -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I was just in the sprint store today swapping out my 3rd Pre (Volume Icon Bug) and I couldn't help but notice that there was no trace of the Pre anywhere. The Pre that is normally on display was removed, as was the card that describes its features. If it weren't for the solitary Pre case on the shelf, you wouldn't know this store new it existed.

The Pixi however was very prominent. There was a pixi commercial on continuous loop. The Pixi was on display for customers to play around with (i never noticed how nice it is), and it was at the placed at the front of Sprints ads for messaging phones and smartphones.

seems to me like they've gotten rid of their pre's and don't want to order anymore now their working on gettin rid of the pixi...

maybe i'm just paranoid...