Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I like to keep up on my threads here on pre|central and it would be nice if i could have an e-mail notification when a comment is posted on my thread... Is this possible now or? Some better way to keep track of my issues without having to be on the actual thread. SMS?

This is what I found on pre|central. "Can I use RSS to keep up with new posts?

If the administrator has enabled RSS syndication, this lets you view newly created threads in guest-viewable forums without visiting the board.

The feeds are currently provided in two formats, RSS and RSS v2.

Most modern browsers have facilities for reading RSS feeds and will automatically detect the availability of feeds on bulletin board pages.

How do I listen to podcasts?

A podcast is a means of distributing audio files (such as .mp3s) over the internet. They can be played on a wide range of media players and computers. If the board administrator has enabled this function, then you may sometimes see links to podcasts within threads.

Podcasts contained within threads are only accessible using RSS feeds."

So what does this mean exactly? yes or no
    Last edited by double1; 04/14/2010 at 07:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    it is possible. Go to QUICK LINKS select SUBSCRIBED THREADS
    then you should see all of the threads you've subscribed to, click in the NOTIFICATION box to select it, scroll to the bottom and click on the drop down for 'selected threads' and choose the action you want.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ima try this now
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    It's actually quicklinks|edit options|default thread subscription mode on mine. but thanks, this opened up a canoworms or I even changed my message format to full WYSIWYG editing whatever that stands for.
    Last edited by double1; 04/14/2010 at 08:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    YW, don't know what WYSIWYG is, enjoy getting the info
    WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get basically meaning how it looks when you type it up is how the final output is. If you are not in this view than standard html rules would have to be applied as in you would have to put in the "code" for making a word bold or adding links etc.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts