1.    #1  
    I loved my camera on my pre, but now for some reason there is a blue line from the top of the screen to the bottom near the right edge. This also shows up on the pictures. (see attached pic)

Anyone have an idea on what's happening here? I already tried cleaning the lens
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it's your screen. The camera snaps a shot of your screen not the actual lens view. I noticed it with dead pixels. Even if I rotate the pixel is still on the photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    it's your screen. The camera snaps a shot of your screen not the actual lens view. I noticed it with dead pixels. Even if I rotate the pixel is still on the photo.
    Really? Interesting... So is that line on your screen during regular usage?
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    last I checked the pree's screen doesn't have a 3.2 megapixel resolution
  5.    #5  
    The line is on the screen while in camera mode. But is not present any other time.
    does it show up in the actual photos? if it does its the sensor going, just exchange.

If not, man you have one interesting pre.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
  7.    #7  
    Yes. It's in the picture. I'll see if I can exchange it. Thanks
    it looks like for some reason the pixels in that line are negative to the rest of the image... could be a software corruption, try a doctor first.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    last I checked the pree's screen doesn't have a 3.2 megapixel resolution
    yes it definitely does based on just about every article about the pre including reviews and what I believe though I can be wrong I am human afterall
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    yes it definitely does based on just about every article about the pre including reviews and what I believe though I can be wrong I am human afterall
    the camera has a 3.2 megapixel resolution, but the screen is only 480x320, my post was indirectly calling out the person who claimed that the OP's screen was in dysfunction by saying the camera app takes a snapshot of the screen, instead of using the camera sensor.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    the camera has a 3.2 megapixel resolution, but the screen is only 480x320, my post was indirectly calling out the person who claimed that the OP's screen was in dysfunction by saying the camera app takes a snapshot of the screen, instead of using the camera sensor.
    I must be more tired than I thought when I read your post the first time (also when I posted) I could've sworn that it said the camera where it said screen
    The same exact thing happened to my Pre+. I called Palm and we could not get rid of the line. I had to swap my phone for a new one. I was was past 30 days so I got a "like new" replacement. I actually received a new phone in the mail because I guess VZN did not have a stock of refurbs yet. Rock solid so far.

FYI, I did notice the camera made a wierd sound during the picture where it appeared. I think the lense or something internal cracked if that is possible.

Good luck.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
  13.    #13  
    Thank you all for your response. I would like to try the doctor solution prior to exchanging it for a refurb. Can anyone reccomend a good post with step-by-step (aka: Complete *****'s Guide) to doing that? I haven't hacked the pre and have no idea where to start.