webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Cloud Backup
Cloud Backup

Old 04/14/2010, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

I've had my Sprint Pre since August and I love it. Today, my girlfriend got a Pre from Verizon that is being shipped to her as I write this. Since I am going to have to teach her about the phone, I have a question about the backup for contacts, etc. I have Microsoft at work, so my contacts/calendar are all backed up on the EAS server, however she doesn't have access to EAS. Does she need to have a gmail account to back up all her contacts or will it be backed up on the Palm cloud? What exactly is backed up on a Palm profile?
Smolira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2010, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smolira View Post
I've had my Sprint Pre since August and I love it. Today, my girlfriend got a Pre from Verizon that is being shipped to her as I write this. Since I am going to have to teach her about the phone, I have a question about the backup for contacts, etc. I have Microsoft at work, so my contacts/calendar are all backed up on the EAS server, however she doesn't have access to EAS. Does she need to have a gmail account to back up all her contacts or will it be backed up on the Palm cloud? What exactly is backed up on a Palm profile?
Palm - How does my phone set up services automatically?
Old 04/14/2010, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

I highly suggest using google as the back up not the palm profile ... palm has been known to lose some peoples profiles and then everything is just gone - NOT that it cant happen with google too .. but a lot less likely i think - on google you also have an option to go in and see/adjust your contacts online - you cant with the palm profile. You can also export your google info while you cant palm ...

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
pixielee is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0