Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    #3 is a variable which is user dependent. Its not necessary to restart every time. Certainly if I needed to make a call I wouldn't reboot. Regardless, these exercises in hypotheticals where you supposedly have to shut down are beginning to strain credulity.
    Jesu.....

    If number two occurs, number three is not a "variable" but is, in fact, a certainty. Again, don't know how much more basic I can make this.

    "Hey, I can't open any more cards and I need to do something. JStop doesn't make it go away and neither did swiping away every open card. I guess I have to reboot if I want to do whatever it was I was going to open the card for in the first place."

    It doesn't strain credulity because several complaints to this effect have been logged by several different users on this very forum, especially when 3D games first appeared. I got them before that (as did others) and have had them since (ditto).

    You wanna walk around in Candyland where a primary function (opening a new card) on a device working intermittently is a "mere annoyance"? Have at it. Just don't ask rational people to sign on with you.
  2. #62  
    Hey if you get THAT kind of TMC error from hell it must suck to be you. Never seen that happen, mines's just an annoyance when it occurs.

    Sounds like you are the exception and not the rule. So your experience is going to be the anomaly.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Hey if you get THAT kind of TMC error from hell it must suck to be you. Never seen that happen, mines's just an annoyance when it occurs.

    Sounds like you are the exception and not the rule. So your experience is going to be the anomaly.
    It isn't an anomoly. Many people experience it including myself.

    Sucks to be you? Why would you say that to a person who's phone is letting him down. Why are you defending a phone?
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    It isn't an anomoly. Many people experience it including myself.

    Sucks to be you? Why would you say that to a person who's phone is letting him down. Why are you defending a phone?
    Why do the outliers always think they are the norm?
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Hey if you get THAT kind of TMC error from hell it must suck to be you. Never seen that happen, mines's just an annoyance when it occurs.

    Sounds like you are the exception and not the rule. So your experience is going to be the anomaly.
    Yeah, that's why Jason R. and others developed Advanced Reset Options, the Auto Reset app and that's why we have JStop in the first place...you know, because it's soooo rare that someone wouldn't be able to correct TMC by just closing a few cards and waiting. I think it was me and two other guys who begged for these options...

    And really, isn't any Pre problem "the exception and not the rule"? USB cracks, power button failure, slider shutdown, etc., etc. Anomalous experiences one and all.

    Sucks to be anybody without a perfect WebOS experience who isn't willing to settle and just say "Oh, well", right? Good thing none of this is having an impact on Palm's blockbuster sales on Sprint and Verizon. Whew!
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    agreed, it can be very embarrassing waiting 15 seconds to load google maps when you really need to find something. I've been saying this for some time. The phone is painfully slow sometimes. But the defenders will defend.
    and the complainers will complain, two sides of a coin
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Why do the outliers always think they are the norm?
    And because they're not the norm, why should the issues of this minority of users matter?

    I mean, can you believe Toyota issued a recall for 250K+ Priuses based on the complaints of less than 200 whiny outliers about the brakes? Sucks to be them. They should've just loved it or left it.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    And because they're not the norm, why should the issues of this minority of users matter?

    I mean, can you believe Toyota issued a recall for 250K+ Priuses based on the complaints of less than 200 whiny outliers about the brakes? Sucks to be them. They should've just loved it or left it.
    If you say so.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    and the complainers will complain, two sides of a coin
    Here is the difference, we have a reason to compain, something isn't working as it should. Why are you defending something that isn't yours?
  10. jc924's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #70  
    OK. So why do some people get the TMC error and some don't? I just tried to force it and opened 15 cards. No TMC, all worked fine. I do use JStop and Auto GC and Reboot Scheduler to reboot every night. Is that the reason? Or is it a hardware issue?
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Why do the outliers always think they are the norm?
    OK the overall point that ppl are trying to make on here is that no amount of TMC errors should be acceptable. NONE. ppl buy a phone expecting it to work for them. if they are one of the "unlucky" ppl who get the TMC error....guess what? there is a chance they might return the pre and go android or iphone.

    Stop defending this phone like trolls. ppl say this is the best phone out there, yet it is ridden with errors and issues (FOR SOME) and that is non acceptable.
    its a good phone, but until palm fixes all these errors (even for the minority) it wont be THE GREATEST phone.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    OK. So why do some people get the TMC error and some don't? I just tried to force it and opened 15 cards. No TMC, all worked fine. I do use JStop and Auto GC and Reboot Scheduler to reboot every night. Is that the reason? Or is it a hardware issue?
    I laugh at the fact that there are tools/applications period to help 'rectify' these issues. The problem(s) have escalated to the point to where an application has been created to automatically restart your phone on a nightly basis?

    If you were to tell that to someone on any other device they'd look at you with a "why" face!
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    The cards need to get faster but if you aren't using cards then the term "user error" comes to mind.

    Do you close all windows in Windows as well and then get upset they take additional time to reopen?
    If I'm not using them I don't see the point of leaving them open. Same reason I turn off all the lights in my house when I leave for work. I'm not using them so they (the lights) don't need to be on all day with no one using them.
  14. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #74  
    My TMC errors that won't go away even when all cards are closed have gone away since 1.4.1.1. Is this still an issue for other people.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    My TMC errors that won't go away even when all cards are closed have gone away since 1.4.1.1. Is this still an issue for other people.
    The issue for many seems to be after using a memory intensive application (like a game for example).
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    My TMC errors that won't go away even when all cards are closed have gone away since 1.4.1.1. Is this still an issue for other people.
    I never received the dreaded "To Many Cards Open" error until I downloaded a couple of 3d game demos. From that day on, I get the error every couple of days. I reboot my phone every night before I place it on the charger and go to bed just in case. Actually, I've been doing that since I first got the phone to take care of the issue where apps don't open as advertised on a regular basis.
  17. jc924's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I laugh at the fact that there are tools/applications period to help 'rectify' these issues. The problem(s) have escalated to the point to where an application has been created to automatically restart your phone on a nightly basis?

    If you were to tell that to someone on any other device they'd look at you with a "why" face!
    What is so laughable about using available resources to optimize a device? I like the fact that Palm creates devices that allow developers to create apps to improve the device and users to tweak the device to get it the way that they want it. That is always what set Palm apart from other companies. I tweaked all of my Treos to get them the way I wanted. That's what I loved about them and the Pre.
  18. jc924's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #78  
    I guess the fact that I don't use games a lot might explain why I've never gotten the TMC error.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    What is so laughable about using available resources to optimize a device? I like the fact that Palm creates devices that allow developers to create apps to improve the device and users to tweak the device to get it the way that they want it. That is always what set Palm apart from other companies. I tweaked all of my Treos to get them the way I wanted. That's what I loved about them and the Pre.
    That's not tweaking, that's fixing.
  20.    #80  
    before 1.4.1 I used to get the TMC error every day. Know I don't even remember the last time. I would guess 2 or 3 times since the latest update.

    BTW - I like how my original post has turned from speed issue to a memory leak TMC thread. Getting back on topic if Palm can send an update that allows 800mhz speed more ppl would be inclined to buy a pre. Speed sells and it's sexy. Fast food, microwaves, on demand video. People are in a hurry and we can't wait for a 3min reboot or a 6 sec calendar load time.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions