Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm reminded of a joke I heard a long time ago. Only in America would people complain that their microwave oven is taking too long.

I find the speed of the Pre to be completely adequate for my needs. For those that don't, I understand completely. It's great that there are so many phones to choose from that none of us should have to stick with one that we find embarrassing.
    iphone's os is almost at the apex of it's life. it's gonna get old like palm os and windows mobile. unless they change it up big. palm had the apps and the SPEED at one time
    Palm, please make WebOS as snappy as PalmOS.
    I think those who disagreed with the Op aren't seeing his point. The User Interface is definitely slow compare to iphone/droid. If palm can make this change quickly, they'll sell more phones. We need to stop using the excuse of the pre being 1st generation. Come on, they had plenty of time since iphone was first released.
    I like my pre despite the few shortcommings it has. Faster would be better should b there already as we know it can be done. It would sell more it still is more useful then most I don't like apple and Andriod rubs me the wrong waylol if I didn't go with the pre it would have been the TP2 Winmo just because of productivity. The pre is not to slow for work and has solid functionality it should definitely be bumped up tho to beat out the other guys devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I should have to wait 14 seconds for Google Maps to load...

I'm busy and important ...

I'm glad some of you are sipping lemonade under a tree, but most of us buy phones like the Pre to get stuff done and save time...

and ... this ... phone ... is ... ssllllloooooowwwwww...

Enoy the lemonade.
    leave your windows open there ya go. and maybe you need a better job? and OCed my fone is pretty quick. i can wait 2 seconds to open my calendar. Not a big deal. I leave phone, messaging, email and calendar open at all times anyways.
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing"

Palms words.

They definitely need to speed up WebOS, compared to crapple toys speed it's a bad joke what they offer us.

i can wait 3-5 seconds until my calendar has finished loading, but i don't want to, just like i don't want to have open cards which i don't use at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    The trick for me is to just leave cards open. The phone is very snappy when the card is already open. The next generation of hardware will be faster. Remember how slow Windows 3.0 was? The hardware couldn't keep up with the OS.
    The hardware couldn't keep up with the OS? You're talking about an overlay that was added on top of DOS as opposed to WebOS (a fully integrated mobile OS) for which the phone was designed? It should be able to keep up with the OS, 1st gen or not. Apologize all you want for the Pre's short comings but I should not have to leave 10 windows open, or overclock the the processor in order to get it to run the way it was hyped.
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 04/15/2010 at 06:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squ33d View Post

i can wait 3-5 seconds until my calendar has finished loading, but i don't want to, just like i don't want to have open cards which i don't use at the moment.
    Personally, I feel this comment sums it up, and I am not making fun of the poster.
    Here is the summary:
    I don't want to wait
    I don't want to leave cards open
    I want everything I want and I want it now

I will defend the phone because I think it is an awesome phone. It can be a little laggy but there are ways to work with it instead of against it. If this phone doesn't work for you then go away.

Also, I am tired of the people who are constantly bashing the phone complaining about the ones who constantly defend. Remember that maybe we have two different perspectives on this.

My philosophy has always been : if the phone does not work for you then get something else and quit whining.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    I've installed the 800mhz kernal and cpu scaler with the faster card patch and WOW what a difference.
    What is the "faster card patch"? I've looked in preware and can't find anything that seems to be that. Is it a WOSQI tweak? Is it not in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Personally, I feel this comment sums it up, and I am not making fun of the poster.
    Here is the summary:
    I don't want to wait
    I don't want to leave cards open
    I want everything I want and I want it now

I will defend the phone because I think it is an awesome phone. It can be a little laggy but there are ways to work with it instead of against it. If this phone doesn't work for you then go away.

Also, I am tired of the people who are constantly bashing the phone complaining about the ones who constantly defend. Remember that maybe we have two different perspectives on this.

My philosophy has always been : if the phone does not work for you then get something else and quit whining.
    I'm tired of people who constantly defending these phones complaining about people who "bash" theses phones. Remember that maybe we have two different perspectives on this. See what I did there.

And when you say "if the phone does not work for you then get something else and quit whining". People just cant up and leave. There's something called contracts. And they probably got the phone the same reason another got the phone. Maybe they want to see the company succeed just as much as the other person, or love the os just as much as the other. But people are not going to just blindly praise these phones even though it has killer features missing or bugs in the os that slows the phone down.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    agreed, it can be very embarrassing waiting 15 seconds to load google maps when you really need to find something. I've been saying this for some time. The phone is painfully slow sometimes. But the defenders will defend.
    To be fair, that's mostly google's fault. We don't have a native google maps app. It's just a web app.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    "Phones OS is out of date? First world problem!!"

better audio
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    ...but I should not have to leave 10 windows open
    The cards need to get faster but if you aren't using cards then the term "user error" comes to mind.

Do you close all windows in Windows as well and then get upset they take additional time to reopen?
    The only problem with the theory of leaving cards open is for Sprint users on the Pre. I routinely leave 5 cards open all the time:
    • BatteryMonitor
    • JsTop
    • Mail
    • Calendar
    • Phone

The problem is that I get the "Too many cards" error pretty regularly doing this. Especially if I want to open up 2-3 browser windows. Which is what happens when I pull up Twee and load up interesting links that people I'm following have tweeted.

The strategy of keeping critical apps open all the time would work better (I think) on the Pre+ w/512MB RAM. But on the lowly Pre w/only 256MB of RAM, TMC is right irritatin'. (NOTE: Fake southern accent )
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Try the Yellow Pages map app. I know it's heresy not to use GM, but it's FAST, and thd Bing maps are actually prettier than GM.
    I do, google maps is now on my last page, if i could delete it i would
    ...also, leaving windows open is not a stong argument. Leaving windows open leads to the hated "TMC" error.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    ...also, leaving windows open is not a stong argument. Leaving windows open leads to the hated "TMC" error.
    Well we know you're going to bitc* about both so just pick one and get it over with.
    I want it all
    I want it all
    I want it all
    And I want it NOW!

/wicked guitar solo
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Well we know you're going to bitc* about both so just pick one and get it over with.
    no, i'll ***** about both, but thanks for the suggestion
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast