Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i updated the webos (deleted my patches so on) and now webos quickinstall doesnt seem to find the pre after trying everything to do so. i reinstalled novacom, enable, disabled and re-enabled the developer mode, etc... am i missing something here? i am running windows 7 home prem. and it was working pre update so... thanx ahead ppl
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I emailed Jason about this problem this morning. Here are some things to try. At least one of them usually works for me. Always check to ensure you have the latest version of WebOSQI which is 3.02 as of this writing. thorne

o Reboot your computer in case something happened with USB.
    o Reboot (Luna restart) your Pre.
    o From the WebOSQI File/Options menu, select "Attempt Novacom reinstall".
    o Unplug the phone from USB, restart WebOSQI, plug the phone back into USB.
    o Ensure the "Palm Novacom" service is started in Windows "Services" list. StartMenu -> Run... -> enter "services.msc" (without the quotes)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i did look to see after posting this if novacom was running in services and its not even listed! what can i do with this situation?
    Same thing here & tried it all, got nowhere. I got it working for a few seconds, enough to transfer an app/file. When you connect your PRE via usb you get a pop up asking Just Charge or USB Mode, leave it alone & quickly add your file/app, hit transfer file, it connects, but then it quickly disconnects.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    im actually trying to add a tweak or two so... thanx for the option tho. ima see if that works on my end
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    got it up and working for good. heres what i did for those who want to follow along.

im not sure if its a conflict between the NOVACOM and the LINUX TETHER, but it may be treed off from one another. anyways heres what i did... under windows 7 with my pre USB'd to the laptop/PC

1. go to control panel, system hardware and sound, devices and printers

2. right click on pre and go to properties then the hardware tab

3. highlight palm novacom and then click properties on the bottom left

4. under the driver tab, click uninstall, check the box asking "delete the driver software for this device", and then click ok

5. after its uninstalled, run a good reg cleaner (ccleaner or winmend reg cleaner, that what did)

6. open up weboquickinstall 3.02 and go to file, options, and reinstall novacom (i checked the box for writing the scripts, not sure if that matters)

7. then wammy! my pre connected to the webos quickinstall....

hope this works for all! let me know!