1. djs
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I will be getting my Pre (non-plus, bummer) early next week and the amount of tweaking information here is very exciting. I am coming from a Bold 9000 and I am sick and tired of the software and terrible web browsing. I hope I made the right choice with the Pre!
    Welcome to the party!
    There are some nice customizations that you can easily install. Even out of the box coming from a BB you should be quite pleased. I always recommend trying to score some deals on touchstone chargers (maybe a 2 for one deal at vz or sprint or online) for convenience.
    Welcome aboard, you won't regret it.
  4. djs
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    Welcome to the party!
    There are some nice customizations that you can easily install. Even out of the box coming from a BB you should be quite pleased. I always recommend trying to score some deals on touchstone chargers (maybe a 2 for one deal at vz or sprint or online) for convenience.
    I must admit the touchstone charger is very cool but I'm not sure I'm going to grab it. I've heard that it charges slower then the conventional charger. Other then looking fantastic I'm not sure it's worth 70$ (I'm not in the US ).
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    I must admit the touchstone charger is very cool but I'm not sure I'm going to grab it. I've heard that it charges slower then the conventional charger. Other then looking fantastic I'm not sure it's worth 70$ (I'm not in the US ).
    Get it on e-bay and it's super cheap. Also, the charging on TS is pretty dang fast even compared to a normal charger. I really love how fast the Pre charges anyways though!
    Welcome aboard. The TS charges very quickly for me, and means I don't have to fiddle with the USB door unless I need to connect my Pre to my laptop. I have one at home and one at work and find them very, very convenient. Good luck, regardless. You will really enjoy the Pre's multi-tasking and UI, I think.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    The touchstone charger is quite speedy actually..def look for deals. I think you will be shocked how much more convenient it is.. I personally cant imagine going back to "plugging in" my phone to charge. Just a cool add on accessory to ponder. Regardless the forum is quite helpful for any questions
    Personally, I'd be wary of picking up a Touchstone on ebay.

We bought one when we upgraded our phones last weekend. First time I left mine overnight on the Touchstone, I woke up to a find completely dead phone the next morning. With both phones, we get the the issue where it does the Bing - Battery charging cycle thing once it charges to about 92%. I love the convenience, but it's going back to the VZW store at the weekend. Aside from this, I'm really happy with the phone itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecjp View Post
    Personally, I'd be wary of picking up a Touchstone on ebay.

We bought one when we upgraded our phones last weekend. First time I left mine overnight on the Touchstone, I woke up to a find completely dead phone the next morning. With both phones, we get the the issue where it does the Bing - Battery charging cycle thing once it charges to about 92%. I love the convenience, but it's going back to the VZW store at the weekend. Aside from this, I'm really happy with the phone itself.
    I have 2 (both bought from the precentral store) and have had 0 issues for the entire length of ownership..about 9 months. Maybe you got a bad egg?
    Welcome!
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Welcome! Believe me, there is more to the Pre and Webos than just the Touch Stone. Keep in touch with this site and you will learn the many wonderful things this phone can do. I would recommend downloading Preware and going from there. The 800 mhz patch is also a very nice feature to add to your phone. Be ready for this phone to change your life...at least it did for me.
    Welcome to the Addiction~ You're gonna love it!
  13. djs
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Welcome! Believe me, there is more to the Pre and Webos than just the Touch Stone. Keep in touch with this site and you will learn the many wonderful things this phone can do. I would recommend downloading Preware and going from there. The 800 mhz patch is also a very nice feature to add to your phone. Be ready for this phone to change your life...at least it did for me.
    I've been reading about Preware and also the 800Mhz patch. I can see myself doing both right away but without having actually played with the pre the Preware looks as though it might be a tad complicated. I'm sure I'll figure it out though, I've tinkered with Win mobile 6.5 on my old Touch Diamond (terrible OS), added a gazillion things on my Bold (terrible OS) and jailbroke a friends iPhone (mediocre OS). For once it looks like they really did good on a phone OS. I admit I was considering Android too but WebOS seems very nicely polished.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Hey DJs -- I should be getting my Palm Pre Plus today from Verizon. I'm coming from a BB Curve for the same reasons you state. I'm not sure I'm ready to leap into the patches right away until I kind find out what the Pre can do. I seem to hit a fair amount of conflicting info even here on PreCentral about what the Pre can do and what requires patching (even whether the 800 Mhz patch helps or hurts battery life). I am definitely looking forward to learning more as we go along.

Have you run into a good list of "must have" apps or patches?
    Rgds/Mark M.
  15. djs
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post

Have you run into a good list of "must have" apps or patches?
    I have but there are simply too many to list. Everything I have seen though have been in these forums so I'm sure you'll find them. I can say that it is guaranteed that I'll install the overclocking utility and Preware.

The wait is excruciating!