1.    #1  
    Hi All .. I am on my 3rd pre (not because of this issue) and on all 3 I am unable to add my gtalk or yahoo messenger accounts. *the 1st one I could get yahoo working if I used the homebrew plugins* but not on the 2nd - the 3rd I am leaving completely clean of anything until this is resolved -

Ive even tried different yahoo IDs trying to get them to work .. All I get is a constant spinning of the "signing in" but it never adds it

I read on the palm forums to add it to the calendar or contacts first, and the IM would then sign on, but that didnt work either ..

Then I read that it might have something to do with my palm profile - unfortunately on day 1 all my contacts were originally backed up on palm, instead of google, and so i am afraid if I erase my profile I would lose 100s of contacts information ..

Does anyone know/have a solution .. I REALLY want my yahoo IM - its been almost of a year of frustration trying to get the IM accounts added and still nothing ...

Ive already said the PRE was being replaced in June .. i am so utterly frustrated with all the issues i am having .. but in honesty I would like to keep it, .. I just want it to work ..properly!

Thanks!!!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    I don't have a solution for your problem, but I can help you back up your contacts:

Open the contacts app, open the top menu, and select "Save All Via E-Mail", and send it somewhere you can download attachments other than your phone. Find the vCard, which contains all of the contacts on your phone, and import it into your Google Contacts account using the vCard selection.

Now you don't have to worry about losing your contacts.
  3.    #3  
    OH you are awesome! thank You!!!

hmm except when I open contacts I do not have that option to select All I have is send to car kit ...

ugh you can only do 1 contact at a time *sighs* yet another reason I dont like the PRE
    Last edited by pixielee; 04/14/2010 at 05:19 PM.
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

That feature was added by Palm in a recent patch, so you may just need to update your phone for it to be available.
  5.    #5  
    hmmm I have the most current update - - that option is only available on mine for individual contacts, not the whole list

that's because that feature is not standard with the software update,u must download a separate patch from preware,,i just put it in mine
  7.    #7  
    OH cool thanks

there seems to be multiple threads with this same problem, so I'm just posting what I posted in the other thread, hope it helps:

After multiple attempts, my conclusion (based on what I've seen thus far) is that there's something stuck on the account profile that is backed up to Palm and it's preventing the successful login of instant messaging. So in the end, I am now using a new profile I created after doing a hard reset since it successfully can log into instant messaging. Still though, I wish I knew exactly what was causing this problem. Here's a breakdown of what I've done, hopefully it helps others with the same problem or maybe they can see something that I may have missed:

performed the following:
    1. hard reset
    2. boot up
    3. created new profile
    4. boot up
    5. hard reset
    6. logged into original profile
    7. attempted to log into messaging
    result: problem still exists (signing in forever)

then tried the following:
    1. hard reset
    2. boot up
    3. logged into new profile
    4. was able to successfully log into messaging

so i then logged back into the original profile and tried the following:
    1. deleted all of the old profile accounts - contacts, calendar, email and facebook
    2. performed the full backup
    3. hard reset
    4. boot up
    5. logged into original profile (all profile contacts, email, calendar and facebook are now gone so it's as if it's a new profile)
    6. attempted to log into messaging

so i then did a full webOSdoctor wipe:
    1. logged into original profile
    2. attempted to log into messaging

so i then did another hard reset:
    1. logged into the new profile i created
    2. will use this from now on (unfortunately) since i'm able to log into instant messaging with it
    Quote Originally Posted by anghang View Post
    there seems to be multiple threads with this same problem, so I'm just posting what I posted in the other thread, hope it helps:

After multiple attempts, my conclusion (based on what I've seen thus far) is that there's something stuck on the account profile that is backed up to Palm and it's preventing the successful login of instant messaging. So in the end, I am now using a new profile I created after doing a hard reset since it successfully can log into instant messaging. Still though, I wish I knew exactly what was causing this problem. Here's a breakdown of what I've done, hopefully it helps others with the same problem or maybe they can see something that I may have missed:

performed the following:
    1. hard reset
    2. boot up
    3. created new profile
    4. boot up
    5. hard reset
    6. logged into original profile
    7. attempted to log into messaging

then tried the following:
    1. hard reset
    2. boot up
    3. logged into new profile
    4. was able to successfully log into messaging

so i then logged back into the original profile and tried the following:
    1. deleted all of the old profile accounts - contacts, calendar, email and facebook
    2. performed the full backup
    3. hard reset
    4. boot up
    5. logged into original profile (all profile contacts, email, calendar and facebook are now gone so it's as if it's a new profile)
    6. attempted to log into messaging

so i then did a full webOSdoctor wipe:
    1. logged into original profile
    2. attempted to log into messaging

so i then did another hard reset:
    1. logged into the new profile i created
    2. will use this from now on (unfortunately) since i'm able to log into instant messaging with it
    Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm in the same boat. My question -- and I'm sure this is answered elsewhere, and I will go search in just a sec -- is: if I make a new profile, I lose all of the apps I've paid for, right? And there's no way to get them back without repurchasing them?

I'm pretty positive that a new Palm profile would resolve my issue, since my messaging worked before I doctored my phone (to resolve unrelated issues)... and it hasn't worked since.

/Kevin
    I did an online tech support chat with Palm. I had low expectations, but figured it was worth a shot. It went about like I expected. It took an hour and a half, and in the end, I'm no better off than when I began. (Technically, I suppose I'm worse off -- now when I tap "Add IM Acccount", the page it takes me to is blank -- no buttons for GTalk, AIM, or Yahoo. But since they didn't work when I added them before anyway, it doesn't matter.)

I definitely think the problem is in my Palm profile. Palm is supposed to contact me "in 48-72 hours" to help me with the issue. I'm *tempted* to just make a new Palm profile... but not tempted enough to eat the money I spent on my paid apps. So I guess I'll wait. Definitely sucks not having chat!!

/Kevin