1.    #1  
    I was hoping that using TVCatchup iPhone might fill in the gap while we wait for Flash so we can use BBC iplayer (why won't they just fix the browser sniff so it detects webkit instead of fruit-based products ? )

However - it throws out .m3u8 playlist files. Does anyone know how to get WebOS to handle these to allow the streams to play ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    There is a tvcatchup app for the pre in development. I have the alpha version on my pre, while the streams aren't up yet it looks like it will be good with an integrated tv guide and notifications when programmes are on
    Would be very interested in this and quite happy to be a tester if i can help.
    I emailed the developer and he sent me this reply:

"I'm waiting on a few things before I can launch the application and I'm in contact with both Palm and TVCatchup about getting things done.

I'm unable to give any firm timeframe (depends on others as well as myself) but I'm happy to keep you updated if you'd like?

As yet I haven't determined pricing (if any) but I'm eagerly awaiting the paid app catalogue in a few days time to see what the market is like."

So fingers crossed it won't be too long!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Would be very interested in this and quite happy to be a tester if i can help.
    Ditto!
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    A TVCatchup app sounds amazing - I can't wait Please do keep us updated
    Quote Originally Posted by keatsseven View Post
    There is a tvcatchup app for the pre in development. I have the alpha version on my pre, while the streams aren't up yet it looks like it will be good with an integrated tv guide and notifications when programmes are on
    What version of the alpha are you using?
    0.1.25 i got it from the house of palm website
    If there is an app in the works for this I would be more than willing to help with testing in any way I can. UK Pre user. Feel free to PM if you want help.
    I have spoken to the developers of a TVCatchup application - they are some way through the process of creating their app for WebOS. The developer encourages you to contact him personally if you would like to use the app. He is very good at responding personally and I'm sure he'd like to hear from all of you.

I won't post his email address here because I don't want it to get trawled by bots, but you can find his address on his website.