1.    #1  
    Hi.
    I have a wireless access point and gateway on PC.
    I have run sniffer and found some network activity from my Palm Pre.

1. Every 25 minutes some requests to jabber server 205.140.203.42

2. Every 20 minutes Palm requests www.google.com/m8/feeds/contacts/default/full?updated-min=2010-04-14T11%3A42%3A34.288Z&max-results=100&sh<some skipped arguments>

3. Sometimes Palm requests some data from facebook.

All this time I did not use device, and there is not ran apps.

What is it? How to disable it? I think it may eat battery and traffic.
    I think you might risk breaking your whole software if you decide to just disable processes thats are running in the background. Thats what keeps the phone going. Im assuming that since its not a PC, it wont be easy to reinstall these processes. Maybe a minor restart will enable them. And hopefully someone with alot more knowledge than me will speak on this...
    it's "synergy"...please palm please!! Have a feature to keep synergy under user control, ie disable when not needed and an option to sync according to a schedule of our choosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    it's "synergy"...please palm please!! Have a feature to keep synergy under user control, ie disable when not needed and an option to sync according to a schedule of our choosing.
    This network activity is Palm's "synergy" service, I am pretty sure it can not be completely disabled aside from placing the phone in Airplane Mode when not in use. Maybe someone will write a patch for it.
    To disable it: turn off your data connection.

Best battery saver there is.