Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I know its not strictly palm related (at all) and thus will probably be moved, but I though this would give you a giggle so I'm gona post it here. This is a legal response to Apple, and its hilarious...I only wish HTC could do something similar.....

http://bit.ly/1fbJ3g
    I don't see the funny.
  3.    #3  
    well, if you read the link, it shows an email by apple, and the response for each section....the best response on their is towards the end of the email sent by thepiratebay, which states...

> Apple is prepared to take further actions to stop the sites illegal
    > activities, and Apple expressly reserves its rights. I am available
    > to discuss this matter at any time. If you are represented by counsel
    > in this matter, please provide me with the identity of that counsel.

Instead of simply recommending that you sodomize yourself with a
    retractable baton, let me recommend a specific model - the ASP 21". The
    previous lawyers tried to use a cheaper brand, but it broke during the
    action.
    Oh no, I read it.

It's just not funny.

For one, their 'wit' is hardly more than something my 13 year old cousin would use--a GFYS.

And two, they were doing something illegal and deserved to get sued. HTC over patents? Pointless, considering how patents are used by anyone these days.

Taking a pre-release operating system, turning it into a torrent for anyone to download willy-nilly, taking 100 bucks out of their pocket per download? Yeah, I hope they got sued.

Piracy isn't funny.
    I do...hahaha what a smarta$$.."a few bad apples" haha classic
    I think someone at Pirate bay is going to jail..........
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Oh no, I read it.

It's just not funny.

For one, their 'wit' is hardly more than something my 13 year old cousin would use--a GFYS.

And two, they were doing something illegal and deserved to get sued. HTC over patents? Pointless, considering how patents are used by anyone these days.

Taking a pre-release operating system, turning it into a torrent for anyone to download willy-nilly, taking 100 bucks out of their pocket per download? Yeah, I hope they got sued.

Piracy isn't funny.

Wrong side of the bed?No coffee? or just no sense of humour???? Lighten up, you know, just by reading it your not endorsing piracy, your just endorsing a light hearted and ridiculous responses to overly informal letters!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    Wrong side of the bed?No coffee? or just no sense of humour???? Lighten up, you know, just by reading it your not endorsing piracy, your just endorsing a light hearted and ridiculous responses to overly informal letters!!!
    Different people find different things funny. Some love the 3 Stooges, others can't stand them. Some love Monty Python while others don't get the dry British humor but find Jim Carrey the best thing since sliced bread. If people don't find something funny, then for them, it isn't funny. If you and others find it humorous then kudos to you.

Moving on...
  9.    #9  
    yeh, i get that, but he was just plain rude!!Lighten up, I know this is a serious forum but we dont need to have a straight face all the time, it wasn't like i was endorsing piracy, just appreciating peoples understanding of the law, and how they can say that to apple....who would sue palm in a heart beat if they didn't have the smartphone patent
    Oh no, I read it.

It's just not funny.

Piracy isn't funny.

People take humor differently then others. I understand the "lulz" in that article, but I'll be honest too, I didn't really find it all too funny either. That poster [lailepoo] probably is a victim of piracy or found that the article was just too immature.

Me personally felt like it was a "I know what you are, but what am I" letter. I would probably find it funny if they were actually having an email conversation that was a bit more.... stupid-clever... like this for instance: Man tries to pay bill with spider drawing
    Last edited by groovdafied; 04/14/2010 at 08:11 AM.
  11.    #11  
    jeeze, just trying the lighten up this dull UML ridden Wednesday!If you don't like it, that's fair enough...I'm sorry if this post offends anyone, please stop commenting on it to send it into the precentral abyss
    yeh, i get that, but he was just plain rude!!Lighten up, I know this is a serious forum but we dont need to have a straight face all the time, it wasn't like i was endorsing piracy, just appreciating peoples understanding of the law, and how they can say that to apple....who would sue palm in a heart beat if they didn't have the smartphone patent
    There was nothing rude about it, people have different tastes for comedy. Second, you have to be prepared to receive criticism when posting articles [you] believe are funny. Remember what you just posted, a serious legal article sent to a website that have illegal intentions for piracy. The responder obviously has no respect for the law or for Apple's intellectual property. I don't like Apple a whole lot, but piracy is usually a negative conversation starter.

You need to take information with a grain of salt and re-think your actions: Will posting an article about a person disregarding piracy laws affect other people, or will they find as funny as I do?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    There was nothing rude about it, people have different tastes for comedy. Second, you have to be prepared to receive criticism when posting articles [you] believe are funny. Remember what you just posted, a serious legal article sent to a website that have illegal intentions for piracy. The responder obviously has no respect for the law or for Apple's intellectual property. I don't like Apple a whole lot, but piracy is usually a negative conversation starter.

You need to take information with a grain of salt and re-think your actions: Will posting an article about a person disregarding piracy laws affect other people, or will they find as funny as I do?
    *sigh* I know....but maybe just look at this more light heartedly??

Nevermind...Ive lost the will on this one, if someone could just ****in remove this post I'd be a whole lot happier
    *sigh* I know....but maybe just look at this more light heartedly??

Nevermind...Ive lost the will on this one, if someone could just ****in remove this post I'd be a whole lot happier
    Don't beat yourself up about it, eventually someone may find it just as funny...just the last couple of posters didn't.
    OP, don't be discouraged. People need to get the stick out of their butts, seriously. People take this crap way too seriously sometimes. The silliness and touchiness of people in general never ceases to amaze me..
    Then he should post it in the right forum. I bet the Off-Topic board would laugh.
    Phil.hsr, I can see how you were rubbed the wrong way. Whether or not anyone thinks the link is funny, laelipoo's response is still pretty curt and condescending. Just ignore sour-puss comments like that one.

In context, I can certainly see the humor in Piratebay's response, and I'm sure a lot of others do too.
    Then he should post it in the right forum. I bet the Off-Topic board would laugh.
    +1

That's a good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Phil.hsr, I can see how you were rubbed the wrong way. Whether or not anyone thinks the link is funny, laelipoo's response is still pretty curt and condescending. Just ignore sour-puss comments like that one.

In context, I can certainly see the humor in Piratebay's response, and I'm sure a lot of others do too.
    How exactly was I condescending? He asked why I didn't see the humor. I answered. In no way did I insult him or his intelligence, yet I was 'rude' and have 'no sense of humor'.

Again, I read the article, and I don't find it funny. It's a board for opinions. I shared it.
    LOL @ crAPPLE tired of them an their legal letters . Sounds like some olde totse stuff from back in the day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast