Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by peteralbano View Post
    LOL @ crAPPLE tired of them an their legal letters . Sounds like some olde totse stuff from back in the day
    what about goatse?
    thepiratebay rocks...and screw you if you have a problem with that...if I buy something I can share it with whoever I want...this post was too funny!
    Well, for one, TPB were never doing anything illegal, and saying so just shows your ignorance.

As far as I'm aware, TPB never hosted any content, they just indexed the locations. So, by your's or Apple's reasoning Google is public enemy number 1 when it comes to Piracy and should be sued, sent to jail and/or shut down?

I thought it was a pretty funny response, any casual response to a way too uptight threat of legal action is amusing. Piracy is actually a far smaller problem in 'denting profits' and 'ruining the industry' as people seem to think, for many, many reasons.
  4. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I think it's pretty funny. Sure, it's juvenile humor, but sometimes juvenile humor can be funny as hell.

Now the fact that I think it's funny need not be construed as my endorsing software piracy, or even the response itself. I don't endorse that sort of flippant reply to genuine legal requests.

But that doesn't mean I don't see the humor. Finding it funny and agreeing with it are two totally separate things.
    I have no problem with piracy in general, as the hold companies have over their products is damn near draconian (or in the case of apple, strictly draconian).

As far as that article goes...it's a failed attempt by someone with a GED or below-education to poke fun at Apple. If this were in response to some ridiculous or frivolous legal matter, I might find a little more "lulz" in it...but this is a legit reason for Apple to send that letter.

As many people have pointed out, it's all about your definition of "funny". This may be "funny", but to me it's not humorous.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12